PDA

View Full Version : Mow any famous places?

Vibe Ray
09-24-2002, 10:09 PM
We've had the threads asking if you mow lawns or do landscaping for any famous people.....but does anyone mow any famous PLACES? Unfortunately, I have yet to.

Flex-Deck
09-24-2002, 11:07 PM
Vibe Ray - Get a Flex-Deck and maybe the famous people will call LOL LOL.

Vibe Ray
09-24-2002, 11:13 PM
You are too corny!.....BTW, I want the famous places to call, not the famous people.

Scag48
09-24-2002, 11:14 PM
Brad-What's with the constant sales pitch? I don't know about everyone else, but it's getting quite old to me. I don't mean to be a jerk, but almost every thread about some mower or something you have to put something about Flex-Deck in there. Don't get me wrong, the product is great, I've just heard about it way too much. JMHO.

Flex-Deck
09-24-2002, 11:18 PM
Scag48 - You are right - think I will just disappear for a few days and see if anything happens.

Thanks, Brad

Vibe Ray
09-24-2002, 11:20 PM
Aww...come on! He's just doin' his job, just like we do. And he's probably just giving HIS honest opinion just as you said in your own words....."JMHO" I don't mind as long as he doesn't start changing the the whole "feel" of the thread and everyone forgets what we were talking about and we lose other people's honest opinions on the topic of the thread.

Vibe Ray
09-24-2002, 11:22 PM
Awww.....don't leave! We'd miss ya! Way to go Scag48!!! You hurt his feelings!!!

Scag48
09-24-2002, 11:28 PM
LOL. I didn't tell him to leave, just tone down the sales pitch. Like I said, I'm not trying to be a jerk, just trying to be honest. Sometimes it does change the whole thread. The one with the guy with his hustler that does 10 MPH and LGF was on there and it was a big "I'll whoop your ***-fest".

Vibe Ray
09-24-2002, 11:42 PM
I definitely agree with that.....I mean I understand it, conversation usually leads to many topics all the time.....but I feel that here on lawnsite, we should try to stick to the topic of the thread a little more.......if people wanna talk about something that a thread has triggered them to think about or wanna talk about, then they by all means, you have every right to.....but the respectful thing to do would be is to start a new thread with that thought being the topic. I honestly feel it robs the thread creator of the information they were trying to obtain (sometimes, not all threads)....so what happens is you have to do a search to get the info cuz you don't wanna get ragged on for creating two threads of the same topic right after each other. Then when you do, you have to sort through many other threads that have the same exact problems.....meaning that the thread may be called "Mow any famous places?", when actually all they talk about is changing topics or toe jam, etc.!

Vibe Ray
09-24-2002, 11:48 PM
As far as Flex-Deck's plugging....It's cool w/ me as long as it at least fit's the topic a little, but if it ends up changing the subject of the thread, such as I was just talking about, then I would think it is wrong.

P&J Lawncare
09-25-2002, 11:34 AM
Scag48 is right and it's about time that they set some rules for the manufactors to follow on lawnsite. I totally support a manufactor comments about his product when the thread is about his product or mentions their product but if their product isn't mentioned they should stay out of the thread. They have their own forum that they can do what ever they want in because they pay for it, so plug away but do it in your manufactors forum and not in the commercial lawncare forum.

PWM
09-25-2002, 11:44 AM
I agree with P&J.

Paul

Expert Lawns
09-25-2002, 11:57 AM
wow guys talk about getting off topic. i was really excited to see if anyone mowed any famous places/people

LAWNS AND MOWER
09-25-2002, 12:56 PM
Mowed an old house that was in "The Green Mile" for about 1 minute. Mow my own yard. Does that count????

LAWNS AND MOWER

geogunn
09-25-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Scag48
Brad-What's with the constant sales pitch? I don't know about everyone else, but it's getting quite old to me. I don't mean to be a jerk, but almost every thread about some mower or something you have to put something about Flex-Deck in there. ...I've just heard about it way too much.

HOLD THE PHONE SKAGMARK.... as I read the top of my screen I see that FLEX DECK is a money paying sponsor on this site that you use for free.

and as he, as well as others, have paid the way for us to be here for free, I suggest that he not be told how to word his posts or plug his product.

I suspect that you are smarting over an exchange between you two on another thread. you should let it go.

Originally posted by P&J Lawncare
Scag48 is right and it's about time that they set some rules for the manufactors to follow on lawnsite. ...but if their product isn't mentioned they should stay out of the thread.

P&J--you may agree with skag, but that aint how it works. they got the right to comment just like you and me.

GEO

marley
09-25-2002, 01:26 PM
I used to work for a lco in west Seattle. We got a job working at Eddie Vedders house( Pearl Jam's singer ) clearing out blackberry bushes out of a huge gully and then landscaping it. The job was in the middle of winter. I remember working so hard that I had my shirt off at times in near freezing temps. Eddie decided he was going to reward our hard work by giving us some rare Pearl Jam stuff and some concert tickets. Well he gave them to the bosses son so they could be distributed out between all the workers and guess what happend. That's right, the bosses son and all his buddies got to go to the concert. What a guy!

FrankenScagMachines
09-25-2002, 02:02 PM
I would respond to this and tell you that there were 12 out of like 15 replies that had absolutely NOTHING to do with the original post. But then I would be changing the topic! :p

No I have not and do not work at/for famous place or people.

As for the Flex Deck thing, I'm trying to be good and stay out of it :rolleyes: If you really want my opinion on it zap me an email :p ;)

Eric :angel:

Floridalandcare
09-25-2002, 02:07 PM
My company used to maintain Rudy Pocheck 9Player for Tampa Bay Lightning) till he got traded, we used to maintain Jim Dent (senior PGA ) player. Worked for and LCO where we maintained Vice president of BubbaGump Shrimp company (yes its a real company) the guy lived in the prettiest home ive ever seen .We used to maintain Cortnet Hawkins ( Tampa Bay Bucs)..My friend maintains Warren sapp, Marcus Jones and Marteen Gramatica.(All Buccaneers)

Floridalandcare
09-25-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Floridalandcare
My company used to maintain Rudy Pocheck 9Player for Tampa Bay Lightning) till he got traded, we used to maintain Jim Dent (senior PGA ) player. Worked for and LCO where we maintained Vice president of BubbaGump Shrimp company (yes its a real company) the guy lived in the prettiest home ive ever seen .We used to maintain Cortnet Hawkins,Cortney Hawkins ( Tampa Bay Bucs)..My friend maintains Warren sapp, Marcus Jones and Marteen Gramatica.(All Buccaneers)

Evan528
09-25-2002, 04:44 PM
Scag48, Vibe Ray and Bushhogboy, You might be tired of Brads sales pitches but im extremly tired of your complaining about it on every dam thread and putting Brad down. If you dont like it, dont read it but how dare you act as rude and immiture too someone who pays the way for this forum you all spend so much time on. If you are going to be on a professional forum act professional! I dont care if your kids!

65hoss
09-25-2002, 05:52 PM
Brad is a paying member of Lawnsite. He is trying to sell his product. Much like many of us try to sell our services. So UNTIL YOU PAY FOR FLEX DECKS LAWNSITE BILL I THINK YOU SHOULD SHUT YOUR DAMN HOLE. If he wants to plug his product that is his business. If you don't like it ignore it. But don't insult him or any other vender here! They pay the bills. The actions of some here toward Flex deck have been rather embarrassing lately.

The above is my post from last night on the other thread you guys were crying on. I thought I would copy it here just in case you missed it on the other one. You guys have been harrassing him on several threads lately and its becoming embarrassing to see it.

65hoss
09-25-2002, 06:05 PM
As far as the original question, there is not many famous people in Memphis. Living anyway!

Vibe Ray
09-25-2002, 06:25 PM
Evans528, I never bashed (or complained about) Brad for his excessive plugging.......I just said that if he ever comes in and changes the subject of the thread, then I would not like that, only because it would probably cause others to reply to the new topic rather than the original topic, thus losing valuable information that might have been said which MAY have answered the thread creators question the way he wanted it to be answered.

I admit I have been guilty of this as well, but I still think we should try to tone it down a little in an effort to save that "lost" information.

I've only read two threads concerning Brad's excessive plugging. Have there been any others? If not, how can you be "tired" of hearing coamplaints about this?

Now as for my original question, I am refering to famous PLACES only, not famous people......you have every right to say famous people you mow for, but I am only interested if anyone mows or does landscaping for any famous PLACES. I say this because I have read many many threads where we have disussed famous people. So if I wish to know about famous people we mow for, then I would simply do a search and be more thatn happy with what I find, but I do not remember any threads concerning famous PLACES.

If this thread doesn't take off well I will create another one, but I will wait and see.

yardman1
09-25-2002, 06:41 PM
65 hoss, very well said!!!!!!
Bushhogboy, maybe people get tired of you posting pictures of your striping and other crap that you put up on this site. but that is my .02 cents.

Flex-Deck
09-25-2002, 07:55 PM
I mow the Dodgeville Cathedral and Cemetary - infamous in SE. Iowa- Built eons ago during the Gold Rush? Heck - we even find arrowheads once in a while around here.

Dodgeville - Population 23
Location - 10 mi. north of Burlington
Mayor - None
Unincorporated
Event of the year - Dodgeville Parade - Up to 10 entries per year.

Thanks, Brad

PS - Thanks Evan528 and Hoss65 for your posts

MOW ED
09-25-2002, 10:27 PM
WOW

we need to change the topic line of this thread and give Vibe -Ray his money back.

Famous places,
Heres a plug for a famous face, mine, cutting in Gravelys ad that is at a banner on this site.

Oh no, I plugged Gravely. Move over Brad I'll take the heat for a while.

No I have not mowed any famous places.
YET!

1MajorTom
09-26-2002, 12:41 AM
As far as I know, there haven't been any guidelines set up as to where a paying sponsor should post. Yes some sponsors have their own forums, but I haven't read anywhere stating that this is the only place they must post.

And I believe we all have opinions on this. Some members seem to appreciate the fact that the manufacturers stay in their own forums and field questions from there. Some members don't appreciate a sales pitch. Other members are ok with sponsors posting in the commercial forum, and in turn realize that sponsors help keep this site going.

Since Chuck has never spoke up on this topic (as far as I know), I believe it should be up to the discretion of the paying sponsors on how they wish to market their product here at Lawnsite.
Ultimately their actions and words can gain them a sale here or lose them one. I believe it is in their hands.

Grasshog
09-26-2002, 12:53 AM
No Famous place on my watch. Not yet at least.

O one more thing. FLEX DECK thanks for helping to pay the bills here. Plug all you want.

Hoosier Mower
09-27-2002, 02:11 PM
I agree with Hoss, Flex Deck is one of the main reasons we have this awsome FREE site! He is'nt forcing anyone to buy anything, just trying to make a living like the rest of us. Your fine with me Flex. Boy, this thread went to hell fast..lol

rodfather
09-27-2002, 05:47 PM
Probably why no many of us take care of famous places is that (a) it is taken care of by an "in-house" crew if it is private, or (b) is owned by the State or Federal government and then is looked after by them internally (Parks and Recreation, DOT, etc.)

dunno...just guessing

Bunton Guy
09-27-2002, 09:43 PM
I have taken a piss in LLCool J's bushes does that count ? It was after midnite and it was a dare we were in a neighborhood in which most of the Charlotte Hornets players live and some of the Carolia panthers lived.

AVRECON
09-27-2002, 09:56 PM
As long as I don't have a pop up advertisement, let the guy talk about the flex deck all he wants. It doesn't bother me and it shouldn't bother you either. The guy is helping to pay for a free site for us to share ideas, let the man share his.

Vibe Ray
09-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Bunton Guy
I have taken a piss in LLCool J's bushes does that count ? It was after midnite and it was a dare we were in a neighborhood in which most of the Charlotte Hornets players live and some of the Carolia panthers lived.

I say that counts! That's funny. I don't even wanna think about what LL Cool J would have done to you if he had caught you!

P.S. Exactly how drunk were you?!

Bunton Guy
09-28-2002, 01:41 PM
Vibe I dont think I was drunk. If I was I would have done it on the guys front steps.

LAWNGODFATHER
09-28-2002, 02:15 PM
Does RAMS practice park and corprate offices count? I have the contract on it for next season.

As far as Flex-Deck........... SCAGKID, BHB, you 2 posted more garbage, and meaningless posts tha any on LS, so WTF are you doing now? Making those numbers rise. When we can see a check that will clear the bank from 2 kids that can't afford or spend 2.5 years asking about a lawn mower, than maybe you might have some clought.

NOW shut you key board off, it is usless. You computer time would be better spent, just using your mouse and reading. If you reread the guidlines your opinions are utterly usless.

So how about this Brad, post all the pics you want, BHB and Scagkid will now ignore them if they post about complaining about them, they have changed the thread topic. Then I can see them violating LS guidlines and they should be banned.

The thread topic was "do you mow any famous places" now why did you 2 bother posting? You have no business being on this thread in the first place.

roscioli
09-28-2002, 07:59 PM
BuntonGuy Said:
"I have taken a piss in LLCool J's bushes does that count ?"

I have pissed on a movie set once.
Edited: I just got sense and realized that putting my post into text would be evidence. Oops.

AztlanLC
09-29-2002, 12:40 PM
I did help my frien doing fall clean up couple of times at Rober Deniro estate.

He has the mowing contract (lucky *******)