PDA

View Full Version : New truck tomorrow, Ram 1500 or F250 XL

Big Lebowski
03-28-2011, 10:46 PM
I want to be practical but I love comfort.

The F250 XL std cab is clean and rust free but a real plane jane. I don't believe it to be a HD, just SD.

The other is a Quad cab Ram 1500 clean with a touch NY rust bubbles starting to show around one of the wheel wells. It will likely lose paint and become holes by next winter.

I only have pics of the Ram because I made up mind today but have to go back in the am to sign the deal. I'm out the door early tomorrow but thought I'd see if anyone had opinions that would change my mind.

DLONGLANDSCAPING
03-28-2011, 11:53 PM
GET A 250!!! It is a 3/4 ton truck and is meant to be worked. I have a 2006 1500 ram quad cab, its a love hate relationship. I love the truck to drive daily, decent gas milage, very very comfortable and stylish interior, pulls my trailer good with the hemi, but is lacking payload(IT HAST NEARLY NOTHING)

if you are going to use as a daily driver, the 250 will be less ideal but it will make you way more money, you can grow into it, You can find a 2002-2005 f350 for less than 12k online. I would keep looking. I would get the 250, if you are going to be working in it.

What is the price for both trucks?

Big Lebowski
03-29-2011, 12:04 AM
The F250 is around 3k less. My thing is that I am just getting back in and got my first account and won't likely have more than 4-5 by seasons end. I sold out a few years back. I plan to take it real slow this time. Last time I quit my job too soon and found myself with too much time on my hands and too little money. (not the reason for jumping out but certainly helped my decision)

I am working in a salaried position right now (endless hours) and have currently accepted a situation that puts me behind the wheel for over 100 miles per day - five days a week for at least 2 months or more. That's why they both caught my eye for obvious reasons.

Hawg City Lawns
03-29-2011, 02:39 AM
im a dodge man and all but i personally would never buy a truck that already has dual exhaust kind of a warning sign saying "hey i might have been dogged" (by no means am i saying every truck that has dual exhaust has been driven hard im just saying it makes you think it has) id rather buy a truck that looks like a grandpa rig with the stock everything because it just has that chance of being in better shape

streetscrapin16
03-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Go with the f250 you will be happy in the long run.

stuntmanlogan
03-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Said above if you plan to use this truck for work, buy the f250. One other thing never buy or mess with a truck that has rust. It will become your worst nightmare. I bought a chevy that had just 3 rust bubbles and thought it would be an easy fix. To get it done right it was going to be close to 1500 dollars, witch I didn't want to spend due to age and the way the truck was performing. Anyways the rust kept spreading fast and looked terrible. Needless to say but last summer I sold it and bought a f250. So with my experience I should have bought a 250 the first time around.

castlerockmo
03-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Easy....F250!
Posted via Mobile Device

Big Lebowski
03-29-2011, 03:53 PM
You guys are probably right but I sealed the deal and went with the the Dodge and was second guessing the whole time. Too late now but it should serve well for the dual puposes I need for now. Thanks for the replies.

Hawg City Lawns
03-29-2011, 10:49 PM
You guys are probably right but I sealed the deal and went with the the Dodge and was second guessing the whole time. Too late now but it should serve well for the dual puposes I need for now. Thanks for the replies.

looks good check this forum out also http://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-ram-65/ its very helpful with any type of questions you have about your new truck im very active over there so if you have any questions feel free to ask

Panhead
03-29-2011, 11:33 PM
You will like the Ram, but as Hawg City Lawns posted. Dodgeforum. has alot of useful information as well as knowledgable people.

cms289
03-30-2011, 11:03 AM
F250. HD is the way to go. No question!

Justinp
03-31-2011, 12:23 PM
Unless that F250 was a powerstroke, you could of tossed a coin for it. Your just pulling a light trailer around.