PDA

View Full Version : Hill Side Landscape Help

bbartelson
03-28-2011, 11:42 PM
A customer of mine has this hill side in their back yard. If you look at the arborvitaes in the picture on top of the hill that is the pool area, the whole hill side is covered in weeds, she tried to mulch it in years past and it washes right down the weed block she put down. I was thinking of putting rip rap down, but I think that would look plain and I want to spice it up a little bit. I am not sure what exactly to do with the hill side any help I would appreciate.

Brodie
03-29-2011, 04:25 AM
Why not just a simple retaining wall. In stone or timber, you could make it step down and have several garden beds to plant out.

93Chevy
03-29-2011, 06:03 AM
Tear out the weed block, clean up the hillside, and a double ground mulch should hold that hill. I think a mixture of river gravel, mulch, and new plantings would look good.

Smallaxe
03-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Put in more plants... A good planting doesn't even see the mulch... some attractive hillside covering plants...That is one ugly ditch right now... :)

bbartelson
03-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks, yeah it is pretty ulgy right now.....I'll put some pictures up when its completed.