PDA

View Full Version : Weed Control Products

Retro67
04-10-2000, 11:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendation on weed control products for cool season grasses. I'm looking for something that I don't have to be too careful with as far as killing grass. Do you use different products at different times of the year, or one product for most applications. <p>Also, if I don't use pre emergents, will I be defeating my purpose???<p>John

Lazer
04-11-2000, 09:06 AM
Are you talking about broadleafs or grassy weeds?<p>For broadleafs: I think it depends on the shape your lawns are in. I took over a group of lawns this year that are loaded with weeds. I am using an ester this spring for control.<p>If your properties are relatively weed free, an application with a standard 3-way amine 2-3 times per year should do the job.

Retro67
04-11-2000, 10:12 AM
Thanks Lazer, exactly the type of response I was looking for.<p>John

lawrence stone
04-11-2000, 11:52 AM
I don't reccommend that any of you &quot;new&quot; pesticide applicators use the ester formulation. Lazer knows the score with that<br>product and know the great damage it can cause if applied at the wrong time.<p>Stick with amine for safetys sake.<p>

Dennis
04-16-2000, 03:46 PM
What is the diff between amine and ester types?<br>What are the common Brand types of each,I am In the south. mostly bermuda and centipede.<br>Thanks for the help<br>

Evan528
04-16-2000, 06:47 PM
is trimec classic and momentum a amine?

PLS
04-18-2000, 11:13 PM
Esters are more volitile, Esters are for use in cool weather. The vapor drift from ester formulation can damage near bye ornamental plants. The warmer the temps the more vapor you will have from ester formulations. Use a Amine formulation in warmer weather.<br>Esters for winter.<br>Amines for spring, summer and fall.

Lazer
04-20-2000, 02:20 PM
Evan, both Trimec Classic and Momentum are Amines. (Super Trimec is an Ester)