PDA

View Full Version : Blower,Handheld or backpack ?

Redmowers
09-25-2002, 01:27 PM
It's time to replace my old hand held blower,i would like a little more power than I have now but dont know if I need to go to a backpack style. The backpack seems to look like a pain to transport and what is a better throttle style fixed or tube mounted I have seen both. I am looking a Husky for local dealer support,So what your thoughts ??:confused:

rkbrown
09-25-2002, 01:30 PM
I swore by a handheld until I got a backpack. Much more power, easier on the wrist, less tiring on large jobs. I prefer the hip mounted throttle.

awm
09-25-2002, 06:14 PM
it depnds whether u plan on a lot o heavy blowing in your work. i just dont approach it that way ,but if i landed an acct that required as much as half hr blowing ,id go with a good back pack.
a good hand held is pretty much limited to drive way clean up an gutters. but the one i use does have a good vac capability
for small jobs.
a piece of advice if u go backpack go fisrt rate,an pay the price. u time is too valuable to be spending any more of it blowing than is absolutely necessary.jmho

mike payne
09-25-2002, 07:27 PM
I have both a hand held an a backpack blower. Most days the hand held is used. I use the backpack mainly in the fall to move leaves. I keep the backpack blower locked in the back of the truck when I take it with me. It was to costly to loose.

Redmowers
09-25-2002, 10:43 PM
Oh I forgot to mention that I have a 8hp wheeled blower for the bigger jobs that most might use a backpack for. But I know the wheeled is not always the most portable thing to use and work around things with.

65hoss
09-26-2002, 07:31 AM
Backpack is much stronger, and stronger is faster. Faster is speed, speed is time, and time is money.

Backpack is much easier on you. They are real easy to carry. Holding a handheld can be tiring, not to mention your there much longer doing the job.

Shady Brook
09-26-2002, 08:14 AM
I am with 65 Hoss for sure. Had a handheld purported to be the strongest made, and it was so much more time cunsuming to use then my BR 400. I then purchased a 602 echo, and it is even more powerful. Time is money for me indeed. I would rather use my ztr as a blower, or my weedwhip, or even a pop straw then a handheld blower. I like the 602 cage style echo for durability, it is very heavy, but it has taken some accidently shots that I don't think my BR would have recovered from... Those ztr's are pretty heavy! :D

Jay

MOW ED
09-26-2002, 08:36 AM
Versatility and speed = backpack blower.
Heavy duty blowing = 8HP wb or Z mounted
Light duty blowing clippings = commercial handheld.