PDA

View Full Version : On Line Banking

lawntennis
03-29-2011, 08:08 PM
I love online banking. I can pay bills, check balances, look for checks, etc. It is great. If your bank offers it you should do it. You won't regret it.

lawnangel1
03-29-2011, 08:09 PM
I totally agree. It is very convenient.

walker-talker
03-29-2011, 11:35 PM
I have online banking and always trying to convince my dad to sign up for it, but I think he is too old fashion. I also have it setup to download banking transactions to download straight into quicken....man I love that too. I literally only spend about 20-30 minutes a month with my bookeeping.

nlminc
03-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Funny, I have used online banking for over 10 years.
I have a customer who is an executive with one of the major banks in the country and he does not pay me through his bill pay. I've been their landscape service provider for 9 years. 99% of my customers use online bill pay to pay me but the bank exec......... makes you wonder!

bohiaa
03-31-2011, 07:12 AM
most banks provide this service. yes it's great.

dont allow creditors to pull from you account. set up bill pay.
if you let them pull from it. you have NO control.

I always hear horror stories. like the guy who cancled his dish network account and 6 months later there still pulling money from his account

lawntennis
03-31-2011, 07:57 PM
It would be great if somehow my tranactions could be downloaded to quickbooks. I don't think mine can do that.

walker-talker
04-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I don't think you can with quicken. Thus the reason I use quicken home & business. I am sure Quickbooks will do the same.
Posted via Mobile Device

GreenI.A.
04-01-2011, 05:30 PM
I have Bank of America, and am able to download everything automatically to my quicken home and business. I do my credit card transactions through them and payroll as well. Couldn't be any simpler

bohiaa
04-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Wells FARGO..... yes it can be downloaded

tradeyouraccounts
04-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Have you tried depositing checks using the iphone app? Its offered by chase and maybe others you use the app to take a picture of the check then it gets deposited into your'e account. I have the app but haven't tried it yet.

zturncutter
04-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Have you tried depositing checks using the iphone app? Its offered by chase and maybe others you use the app to take a picture of the check then it gets deposited into your'e account. I have the app but haven't tried it yet.

Is anyone using the new Quickbooks feature that lets you use your own scanner to deposit customer checks into your bank account and then enters the payments into your Quickbooks records ?

lawntennis
04-02-2011, 05:41 PM
when you download a payment to quickbooks does it know what account to post it to ie: office supplies, auto repairs, etc

zturncutter
04-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Initially no, but after you put it in manually it will learn what vendors are associated with your different expense accounts.