PDA

View Full Version : Decisions...Aerators..

Toughweed
03-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Deciding between the new ltrich and the lawn solutions ride-ons have been tough. Tommorrow I will be making the final decision and placing the order. Any last minute advice?

fatboynormmie
03-30-2011, 12:51 AM
First of all To make it clear I have never used either one.Watching the video's of both units my choice would be the LawnSolutions.It has more down force on the tines which will help in dry soil.It also looks more stable while running across uneven ground with a 4 point ground contact opposed to a 3 point contact of the LTRICH.The LS should also be better on the hills.The LTRICH'S aerator box seems to wobble back and forth quite a bit in the video's on youtube I don't care for that .The LS also just looks like a more compact unit that would take up less trailer space. LS unit can pull up to 4"plugs in moist soil, info from other threads here on Lawnsite the LTRICH say's max 3".Looks like both units will have optional accessories like spreaders .LTRICH has a spray rig not sure if LS is offering that yet. Before pulling the trigger you might want to see if there's any unit's in your area you could rent or demo.Might want to make some vendor call's to see if they offer any solutions.That's a lot of coin, you want to make the right decision. GOOD LUCK

Toughweed
03-30-2011, 06:52 AM
thats what made the decision tough.. LTRICH's Aerator has been redesigned and now has down pressure and 4 wheels. If the ls aerator was about 1000 dollars less it would have been an easy decision.