PDA

View Full Version : design software

jslawnscape
03-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Im transitioning my business from lawns and maintenance to more planting landscape and hardscape. Keeping my maintenance customers but focusing more on landscape. I am working on a few proposals right now and have done some hand drawings, professional (for the most part), not with a crayon ha. And the customers have been so surprised, they say no one else has ever come prepared with drawings to show them what they have, or what they want, or options. I don't mind doing the drawings but if I could get into a computer program for under $1000. I could probably get my closing rate pretty close to 100%. Thats considering my competition apparently is doing nothing but describing there proposed job and talking price. Let me know of any ideas you guys have, I have seen a few programs via google but they are all $1000 plus, I'm looking for something entry level that will get me to sign a few jobs, then if all goes well I can buy the "big boy" software.

makbootzy
03-30-2011, 12:04 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=345826
http://www.ideaspectrum.com/

White Gardens
03-30-2011, 12:20 AM
Pro Landscapes From Drafix. Worth every penny and then some.

Just finished this nugget a little while ago.

Snyder's Lawn Inc
03-30-2011, 12:28 AM
thats nice I still do my by hand
Thinking buying something save time
So just load the photo and plants and ur done how fast does this work

White Gardens
03-30-2011, 07:53 AM
So just load the photo and plants and ur done how fast does this work

Depends on how good you are with the program. Even sometimes when I think an image will be simple, it doesn't turn out that way.

Sometimes I can knock an image out in 10 minutes, and other times it might take a couple of hours.

cole102
03-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Pro Landscapes From Drafix. Worth every penny and then some.

Just finished this nugget a little while ago.

man that software looks great i have landcape and deck builder and i have to make the house every time. must be nice to just upload a photo like that