PDA

View Full Version : Grass Seed Situation

thorn9687
03-30-2011, 04:36 PM
I have a customer who I am in the process of finishing the flower beds and starting to seed the lawn. They want a fescue lawn and have requested me to use a mixture of titan ltd., tarheel 2, inferno, and firecracker. I am new to these as I usually use bermuda (in the Charlotte, NC area). Will these types of grass work and will they spread rapidly into the flower beds (which is a major concern for this client)? Thanks

benjammin
03-30-2011, 04:40 PM
The mixture is all "cool season" and won't spread like bermuda and "warm season" grasses. There are plenty of fescue and cool season lawns in Charlotte. Just make sure it gets plenty of water during hot and try periods.

thorn9687
03-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks. I was a bit concerned because everything written about Tital Ltd. in particular says it will spread laterally, fast.

RigglePLC
03-30-2011, 08:56 PM
I suspect that fast spreading of Titan is a huge exaggeration. Most tall fescues do not spread at all. And Titan is capable of spreading laterally. So it is a huge improvement over older non-spreading types, but it still spreads rather slowly. Slower than Kentucky bluegrass. Much, much slower than Bermuda.