PDA

View Full Version : Home made striping kits ?

Bunton Guy
09-25-2002, 10:55 PM
Just curious as to you guys who make your own chain dragging striping kits. Dont those drag across the driveways or streets when crossing them ? Do they damage the cement ? If they do drag the driveways and other paved areas that will burr and cut into the chain which when being dragged across the grass wont that rip and tear at the grass from all the burs in the metal chains ? That seems to me like that could make for some problems. Just curious if you guys have came across that or even thought of that part:confused:

Schlepie
09-25-2002, 11:24 PM
There was a site here awhile back, I don't remember where but the search might help. It showed a company that made ones that looked like and I think were PVC pipe with sand in them. You could actually tell how they were made, they gave the demensions. They looked great. Good luck findin them.

Schlepie

MacLawnCo
09-25-2002, 11:35 PM
The company he is refering to is Big League Lawns. I dont know the site off hand, and they are a sponsor on the "other" site.

rec067
09-27-2002, 03:58 AM
I made one from chain, learned about here. Made it a little different for my machine. Anyway, no burrs. I drive it over all kinds of surfaces. I watch it on cement, it bounces and flops and the cement acts as sort of a grinding stone on the chain. I love it, works great, turn lots of heads

captdevo
09-27-2002, 05:17 AM
i have a few customers that we've installed them on their choppers, they work great, but....the always seem to get caught on my trailer ramp and grab everything...sticks, straws, ect....