PDA

View Full Version : Best ways to break into new towns ???

Wright48
03-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Let me here em

Id say its flyers

cole102
03-30-2011, 10:03 PM
postcards, more professional looking and whensomething comes in the mail with your name on it, you at least look at it.flyers alot of people get annoyed and just throw em out.more money but bigger return.

Groomer
03-31-2011, 12:00 PM
a crowbar.

Dr.NewEarth
03-31-2011, 03:45 PM
A crowbar! Figuratively and literally! That's funny.

Darryl G
03-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Wish I could help but they aren't making any new towns around me so I've never been in that situation.

XLS
03-31-2011, 04:57 PM
we go into new towns every year and HANDS down it works to MAKE FRIENDS we use full page flyers with services we offer ,and today only special prices.......but we also go to the city officials and the local stores ,service centers ect to make frinds .
we can go into a town on a monday and have 50 clients lined up within a month its the minor details we do that i wont share but its not rocket science. remember it like this when you tell someone some thing you will always get clients if you never fail on your promises .

TurnerLawn&Landscape
04-01-2011, 08:14 PM
50 clients in a month? write a book and retire!

XLS
04-02-2011, 10:55 AM
i would rather keep doing this like we do it ......think i sleep till 10 stay up till 2 am and dont do anything BUUUUUT have fun ,fish , spend time with the family and as for work i wait untill profits allos for a new location and we add it .... as for work we answer calls from our managers and make sure work orders were placed ,after that its easy going. come to think of it , we may be retired . serious note though i could write a book i guess since so many of you know i type so well just kidding it would be tied up in proof reading for 30 years lol .

PostcardMania
04-07-2011, 11:27 AM
A targeted direct mail postcard campaign would work wonders! You can do sort of a "grand opening" type feel, even though you're not "opening" anything. If you want to saturate the area of where you'll be servicing, get a list with a 5-10 mile radius of your location. Are you residential or commercial or both? You can get the list to include/exclude anything you want.

Have you ever used direct mail? Take a look at some of the successful campaigns we've done for others: http://www.postcardmania.com/library/landscape-marketing/index.php

I'd be happy to send you some free samples as well. No obligation of course, it'll just give you some ideas to work with!

Exact Rototilling
04-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Postcards are too small to fit enough info on. Depends on what the service is. Flashy gloss pics of lawn you have never seen advertising was a fall on my face disaster last year . Going with more homemade yet professionally designed look this year with links to website for more info.
Posted via Mobile Device

Showpropserv
04-07-2011, 02:36 PM
there was a guy on here who would ask a homeowner to maintain the yard for free, make it look perfect as long as they refered him to people around there.

PostcardMania
04-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Postcards are too small to fit enough info on. Depends on what the service is. Flashy gloss pics of lawn you have never seen advertising was a fall on my face disaster last year . Going with more homemade yet professionally designed look this year with links to website for more info.
Posted via Mobile Device

Here's the problem with putting too much information within your marketing flyer, brochure, postcard, etc. it adds confusion for the customer. If you want new customers, what's the first thing a new client hires you for? If it's mowing their lawn, then promote an offer on lawn mowing and then up-sell them later.

Your marketing should always direct the prospect to your end goal. Many business owners think they need to put all their services on their postcards, but it's too busy looking, it needs to be big, bold and clear. Use a couple offers, list a couple services to get them to call in and then use that opportunity to tell them more!

Of all the lawn/landscaping postcards we've done, we have never seen one with a lot of services listed be as successful as just listing a couple. Think of the prospect, they don't have time to read all your info and it's a waste of marketing dollars if they don't see the message clearly the first time.

sweetjetskier
04-09-2011, 12:53 PM
A ski mask comes to mind
Posted via Mobile Device

XLS
04-09-2011, 05:42 PM
in the past we would pick a spot of vacant lot and ask about puting a sign on it and in return mow it for free ......this is a good thing in certian areas but a bad thing in others