PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a blower wenya got gators

Schlepie
09-25-2002, 10:20 PM
Just received my gator blades for my 36" Metro. Used them the 1st day and wasn't too impressed though it did make a nice cut. But for taller grass or mulching leaves, they get blown out the front so bad I need a mask to keep from catching it in my mouth. The wind doesn't help any either. They also get chocked up in taller grass. Is this normal for these and should I go back to my regular mulchers ( if it's not broken, don't fix it....) ?

Schlepie

cglservice
09-25-2002, 10:39 PM
I used them last fall on Jd 455 to chop leaves i like them very much did not have a problem with blow out
Getting ready to use them om my m665 for leaves this fall
i not like to use them on grass that much can not make as big a cut as a regular straight blade. 2cents worth:blob3:

MikeLT1Z28
09-25-2002, 11:09 PM
assuming you have a mulch kit installed.. gators aren't that good for grass, stick with the standards or the new excaliburs. as far as leaves, i hear gators and the mulch kit work great. what height are you cutting at?

65hoss
09-26-2002, 05:58 AM
What machine are you running them on?

Going back to regular mulchers? Do this mean you have a mulch kit installed? If so, putting gators on in warm season grasses doesn't work correctly. Changes the airflow. During leaf season thats a different story.

But, if we mis-interpreted you this statement doesn't matter.

Schlepie
09-26-2002, 09:27 AM
Exmark Metro 36", yes there is the mulch kit. I have it set from 2.5-3". Of course the larger and light weight leaves don't ever make it to the mower, they blow away first.

Schlepie

Flex-Deck
09-27-2002, 07:57 PM
For mulching leaves - my 2 cents worth is gators on top and what ever you mower uses normally on the bottom put at 90 degrees to each other for a double blade setup is wonderful - Forget the mulching kits etc - just grind the leaves into dust - If you have to you can mow in all day - then the last windrow - hit it a couple of times and you are done - looks like you bagged the yard

Thanks, Brad - PS - This fall I will take a pic of that