PDA

View Full Version : Storms, storms and more storms!!

abrightday
03-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Boy oh boy, we've been gettin' hammered lately,,a tractor trailer blown over on 95. Roofs blown off! Trees down,and we go out today to bring our Grandson to school, and we saw a lawn crew gassing up, and I thought great time to cut,,then a Trugreen truck,,well he wasn't spraying ,,yet,, sitting in the truck in front of a house,,that's dedication, a tornado warning also has been issued for the area. But see,, Trugreen is dedicated,, why their committed. Don't you feel bad about all the things you guys say about them. Risking their lives to just help protect and green-up lawns across America!! That's what makes this country great!! :usflag:
www.YourLandscapePro.com

bugsNbows
03-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Ya got get that production done. No tickey, no laundry.

williams lcm
03-31-2011, 12:02 PM
Anyone going to work today? Hopefully it dries out so I can play catch up.

Keith
03-31-2011, 12:59 PM
I went to one of my lawns after yesterday's storm. Though its a fairly small lawn, it is always a pretty big mess after a storm. I turn the corner and see aluminum and wood laying everywhere. 250 ft from his house, in his front yard, in the neighbor's yard, and a group of people standing around looking. It was the neighbor's porch. I didn't touch any of that stuff, and still probably picked up a half ton of tree limbs and moss. There was still a bunch more, but I ran out of room on the truck. The wind was still pretty constant off the lake, so debris was still coming down. After today, I am sure it will look like I never touched it, or maybe even worse.

As much rain has come down today, I'm sure nothing will be mowed until Saturday. Hopefully I can get enough break to get what is in the back of the truck to the landfill so I can get started cleaning up in the morning.

Patriot Services
03-31-2011, 05:17 PM
We have tornados here today. Spent the morning sharpening chainsaw blades. Got 2 clean up calls today and had to go pick up a check from a new customer. Don't mind getting wet picking up money.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brett's Lawn Care
03-31-2011, 05:35 PM
Does anyone actually mow while it is raining? I see some of the bigger crews around here stay out but is it something you do?
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
03-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Does anyone actually mow while it is raining? I see some of the bigger crews around here stay out but is it something you do?
Posted via Mobile Device

There was big post on this topic before. My answer is hell no.
Posted via Mobile Device

Keith
03-31-2011, 05:48 PM
After this rain, most of the yards I had scheduled for yesterday, today and tomorrow will not be cut until next week. Luckily most can still go 2 weeks without getting out of hand.

Patriot Services
03-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Not responsible for the weather. Just means the next dry day will be a little longer and my Sunday off goes bye bye this week. Nature of the biz in Florida.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
03-31-2011, 06:40 PM
Not responsible for the weather. Just means the next dry day will be a little longer and my Sunday off goes bye bye this week. Nature of the biz in Florida.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup, that is how it works in Florida. Summer time means 6-7 days/week. I hate being behind but thats how it goes.
Posted via Mobile Device

williams lcm
03-31-2011, 07:38 PM
I have seen folks cutting in the rain. I will cut wet grass but will not cut when raining. With temps going to the low 90's early next week grass with be growing fast. Good thing I cut the lawns last Thursday. They will have to wait until next Thurs to be cut. I have a full cutting schedule tomorrow. I will not cut on Sunday. I have had a few complaints when I did years ago.