PDA

View Full Version : Warning Lights for Trucks

Mike S.
03-31-2011, 01:57 PM
on one of my trucks i had a whelan strobe kit installed in my headlights and tail lights. i did this because some of my clients are down busier streets with high traffic areas. speed limit says 35 but they fly down sometimes doing close to 45 if i were to guess. did they work? i don't know but it gave me the comfort feeling that people saw what we were doing and slowed down. i know longer have that truck but am debating on whether or not to put a new set of light in my new truck. what do you guys think?

does anybody use warning lights besides their emergency flashers when cutting lawns? i don't plow any snow so i don't necessarily need a big light bar but just something to get drivers' attention.

thanks- Mike

SimonCX
03-31-2011, 02:11 PM
I have them but only use them when working on a busy street, but most of the time we just use cones.

DoetschOutdoor
03-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Warning lights for mowing grass? No way, maybe use the flashers but extra lights are overkill. If someone hits your rig, they pay.

mybowtie
03-31-2011, 09:01 PM
I park in the cust drives...I think i used used my LED light bar once while mowing...all the time while plowing thou...

If U think it has helped slowing people down, and think its nessasary, then go for it.. I like em, just dont want to spend the $$...to dam cheap lol

mowerbrad
03-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Even when I had a mini light bar on my truck, I never used it while mowing. Mainly when backing into driveways on busier roads or pulled over on the side of a road for a short period of time.

Visiblity is important, especially when working along the side of busy roads. I've been debating installing some warning lights on my new truck, just haven't decided what I want to do. My personal truck and work truck are one in the same, I'd rather not have a light bar on the roof, I'm thinking some Whelen TIR3 in the grille and along the side steps and in the rear window.

cms289
04-01-2011, 03:40 PM
I run flashers and cones, but I was thinking about something more. Was in a yard Wed and a cone went flying buy. The idiot hit the cone and lucky for him missed the trailer and truck, but still, people drive fast in neighborhoods and do not seem to know what is going on. I had someone tag the trailer once, but did not see it happen, just got there and the fender was all trashed. I hope it cost that guy alot, the fender was several hundred but easy to get for the wells Cargo.

STIHL GUY
04-01-2011, 07:05 PM
i use cones and if its a busy street i keep my flashers on as well

kirkmbrown2001
04-10-2011, 10:29 PM
I have both led grille lights and a mini light bar. It definetly helps along with cones. It gets people to slow down. It also draws peoples attention to my rig and is more likely to read my trailer signs.

Here is what I got:
LED STL Grille Pro (https://www.speedtechlights.com/product_detail.php?catid=2&id=35)
LED STL K-Force 27 inch (https://www.speedtechlights.com/product_detail.php?catid=4&id=62)