PDA

View Full Version : lesco hydro spreader

ant
04-09-2000, 11:49 AM
most of my lawns are 8000 sf and the lesco push spreader works fine,but i have a few that are about 36,000+sf. would it work for me? is it just like useing the push spreader? any maint? how do you load it on the truck? thanks for your input.<br>and about how much does it cost?<br>anthonygrelli n.j. <br>

NeilG
04-09-2000, 02:57 PM
Anthony, I bought one last Spring, and it has worked well for me. I have lawns from 2k to 200K and I use it on all of them. Many have steep slopes, and that would be my only word of caution. It seems to be a little top heavy and since the back wheels swivel, you have to be sure that you maintain control. Other than that I have had no problems. Same PM as other spreaders, with the exception of the Honda engine, and then simple oil change and air filter cleaning.<br>Paid around $1300 for mine. Have had one person complain that it was too slow, but his age and waist size were about the same, and maybe his youth makes him in a bigger hurry.

Lazer
04-09-2000, 08:51 PM
The chain/wheel motor/differtial can be repair issues, but other than chain adjustment, that's not a concern.<p>For 1300.00, there's not much else out there.<br>This year I bought the Perma-Green unit for 4000.00 and love it. www.ride-onspreader.com.

ant
04-09-2000, 09:50 PM
lazer the perm-a-green doed it have a conversion settings for lesco fertilizer, and was it easy to get use to. also what size area you feel is the min. to use it on. thanhs anthony

ant
04-09-2000, 09:51 PM
lazer the perm-a-green doed it have a conversion settings for lesco fertilizer, and was it easy to get use to. also what size area you feel is the min. to use it on. how do you transport it. thanks anthony

Lazer
04-11-2000, 09:20 AM
The Perma-Green Ride-On Spreader-Sprayer does not have a conversion table. You need to calibrate everything yourself. I've been applying fertilizer/granular control products for over 15 years, so you get good a making adjustments for different products. <p>It is very easy to use, but I guess it's what you're used to. I spent the previous 4 years using a walk-behind spreader sprayer. You have 3 controls: Clutch, Spreader and then Sprayer switch. With the new one it also has brake, 2 position spray switch and handle release lever for walking those steep hills. If you're going from a push spreader to this new unit, it'll take a day or 2 to master.<p>No minimum lawn size. I just did a 2,000 sq. ft. hilly lawn the other day. Did a 325,000 sq. ft. property later the same day. + anything in between.<p>I transport it with their carrying rack on the back of my spray truck. I modified it to also hold my Lesco 80lb. spreader for Diazinon/other granulars without emptying my rider unit.<br>

ant
04-11-2000, 05:37 PM
thank you for the info.<br>anthony n.j.

batman
04-15-2000, 02:41 PM
Anthony and Lazer I am a Facility with Lesco and within 6 to 8 months time you will see that Lesco is coming out with it's own version of the Perma-green spreader. Ours will be hydraulically driven (not belt) and we will have a 25 ga. spray tank equipped with retractable and break-away booms we willas well have the separate hand wand and unlike theirs the Lesco unit will do a better job of hill climbing. We have had some experience with their unit and tested ours during our national convention in Florida. With a price tag of about $3500 you can make the intelligent call as to what unit will be worth the purchase. Check with your local Lesco rep. as to when the can expect this model. Responses are welcome.

Lazer
04-15-2000, 03:57 PM
The large break-away booms make it difficult to maneuaver in heavily landscaped areas.<p>The advatage of a gear drive like theirs is it allows for 2 set operating speeds. But I'd much rather have a hydraulic drive model.<p>What engine will they use to power it?<p>Their mounted spray bottle instead of a wand is nicer, IMO.<br>

cutntrim
04-15-2000, 04:58 PM
Lazer,<p>Checked out the ride-on on their webpage. Looks kinda cool. $4000US=$6000CDN...guess I'll just keep walkin'.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com

NeilG
04-15-2000, 05:55 PM
Batman, thanks for the heads up on the Lesco <br>ride-on spreader. I too am in the market for one, so any information available would be helpful. I'll try to contact my rep. Who knows, maybe they need someone to perform some additional field test for them.

ant
04-15-2000, 07:24 PM
batman thanks form the info. anthony

jakev
04-16-2000, 02:28 AM
Batman.. Ive got a idea. Why dont you ask the guys at LawnSite.com to help promote your products? I think Lesco made over 2 billion dollars last year so you might consider helping these guys out since you are using their site to help make 2.5 billion next year.

Runner
11-13-2001, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by batman
Anthony and Lazer I am a Facility with Lesco and within 6 to 8 months time you will see that Lesco is coming out with it's own version of the Perma-green spreader. Ours will be hydraulically driven (not belt) and we will have a 25 ga. spray tank equipped with retractable and break-away booms we willas well have the separate hand wand and unlike theirs the Lesco unit will do a better job of hill climbing. We have had some experience with their unit and tested ours during our national convention in Florida. With a price tag of about $3500 you can make the intelligent call as to what unit will be worth the purchase. Check with your local Lesco rep. as to when the can expect this model. Responses are welcome.

I wonder what ever came about of this???:confused:

Kent Lawns
11-13-2001, 04:19 PM
That's Lesco for you!

The mis-respresent the truth and then never follow thru.

That's the Lesco I know!

At least they are consistant in their derriliction.

cantoo
11-13-2001, 10:31 PM
cutntrim, what are you running, maybe you can make a unit for your machine? I have about Can$600 in my sprayer and Can$200 in my spreader not counting the Z of course. Take about 10 minutes to change back and forth.

HBFOXJr
11-14-2001, 08:37 AM
Run the Perma-green everywhere you can go that is wider than the machine. What's up with you. Walking??? Get a grip and get on the PG. Throw a handheld scotts in the hopper so you can dip a little for the occasional odd spot.

CAlibrate your PG. Run 1 wheel up on a ramp. Slid the spinner down the shaft. Cut a length of 3 to 4 " pvc pipe the long ways in half to make a trough. Bevel/taper one end for 6-8 " and duct tape the tapered end under the hopper. Place the other end out the low side of the machine and catch the fert in a box and weigh it. Take 2 people. One for throttle, gate and stop watch. One for making sure the pipe doesn't get loose and the fert slides down. Treat the inside of the pipe with Armor All or some othe auto interior stuff to make it slick. Its OK if the spinner lightly taps the pipe as it will make the fert vibrate down real nice.

Now get to work.

Kent Lawns
11-14-2001, 09:30 AM
LOL, Reminds me of those stockbroker ads which say "timing is everything"

Since ant started this thread, I think he bought a PG Ride-On, and then even got the updates done on it.

I'm not sure this post is relavant persuant to HIS purchase of one, but the other information and the Lesco comment are interesting.

fireball
11-14-2001, 06:02 PM
see Lesco comments in Lawn care forum