PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use postcard marketing??

Hardcore5657
04-01-2011, 08:06 AM
I just did it on vista print, I order 500 of them and with postage and everything it came out too $256. Just wondering if it works or not? I guess i will find out soon!!

weeble67
04-01-2011, 10:00 AM
With all that I have read, you can expect to see .05% return on a single mailing. I used Postcards.com for my orders. I was happy with the way the cards turned out. I did a mailing in the fall for snow removal, and another mailing in the spring for aerating and over-seeding. I have received about a dozen calls with the 500 I mailed out this spring. To be totally effective one has to do multiple mailings as it takes a few times of reading your name before one decides to call. But please keep me informed on your results.

CLS LLC
04-01-2011, 10:36 AM
With all that I have read, you can expect to see .05% return on a single mailing. I used Postcards.com for my orders. I was happy with the way the cards turned out. I did a mailing in the fall for snow removal, and another mailing in the spring for aerating and over-seeding. I have received about a dozen calls with the 500 I mailed out this spring. To be totally effective one has to do multiple mailings as it takes a few times of reading your name before one decides to call. But please keep me informed on your results.

What he meant to say was .5%. Since .05% is 1 call out of every 2000 postcards I'm quite sure that's not what he meant.

Aside from that I saw about .5% when I did it through the mail. The problem is if you see .5% you will only see 2-3 calls from your 500 postcards so make sure you make them count. Advertising in this industry is a numbers game. I've put out about 10,000 post cards already this year and have another 8000 or so to go. I have high schoolers using their cars to put the cards in paper boxes and the cost for delivery is under 7 cents per piece. Printing with shipping was 2.5 cents per piece. So total they are being printed and delivered for under 10 cents per piece. Which is much less than your 52 cents per piece. Just something to consider for next time.

GARRETTWOOD
04-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Yes they do work mail new clients and also mail everyone you have done work for in past

hackitdown
04-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I just did it on vista print, I order 500 of them and with postage and everything it came out too $256. Just wondering if it works or not? I guess i will find out soon!!

I just copied your idea, and sent out 500 to "high income consumers". They do make it easy. I would need to sign up 4 lawn customers for the postcards to match the cost effectiveness of print advertising. Seems unlikely, but worth a shot.

PostcardMania
04-07-2011, 10:56 AM

Hey there! With a super small order like this and if you're only doing one mailing, I'd be surprised if you even got a .05% response rate. What type of offer did you put on the card? Who did you mail to?

Something I'd like to add on this note is that response rate % shouldn't be what you track, you want to track the ROI/results. Here's a short video that touches on this subject: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuBbI29BrUE

walker-talker
04-07-2011, 08:49 PM
I have found high income consumers is a hard market to break into. I hate to say it, but I also would be suprised if you get any calls. I did 2 mailings of 2500 a few years ago. I actually received about a 1.7% response rate. I think I picked up about 4 mowing accounts and about $1000 worth of other services. I think I spent around $1800 on that campaign.