PDA

View Full Version : Begging again .... sorry


JimK
09-26-2002, 01:06 PM
We're just about fresh out of our "Talkin About My Gear" contributions from the lawnsite pros.

Quick review: These appear each month in TURF. You write briefly about your operation and about one (or more) pieces of equipment you use -- what you like, what could be improved. Send in a photo or two (or more) and I pay $50 each.

Our 70,000 readers love these, because they can relate to you even more than some of the "experts" who write in the magazine.

Hope you can join in. Thanks!

Jim

65hoss
09-26-2002, 01:49 PM
Feel free to re-use mine Jim.

FrankenScagMachines
09-26-2002, 02:10 PM
I could send in a review on a 2002 Stihl FS80R trimmer. Thats about the only thing I have that we would both want in your mag! :D
Do you want me to email it? If so, where to?
Thanks,
Eric

JimK
09-26-2002, 02:37 PM
Thanks Eric ... e-maili it to me at jkendrick@turfmagazine.com

Hey 65 Hoss ... surely you can come up with another one ... with all the expensive stuff you have in your warehouse (lol).

65hoss
09-26-2002, 02:55 PM
You want another one Jim?
Lazer Hp? Metro? Stihl's? Aerators again(heehee)? Magna matic blade balancer? I do have one piece of "top secret" new equipment around here, but I think the company would like me to wait, they may want to speak with you about it later on.

rkbrown
09-26-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 65hoss
I do have one piece of "top secret" new equipment around here, but I think the company would like me to wait, they may want to speak with you about it later on.

That's no fair, Hoss. That's cruel and unusual teasing !!! :D

FrankenScagMachines
09-26-2002, 03:14 PM
Jim,
I will email you that sometime today, check your email within the next half hour or so?
Thanks!
Eric

SLS
09-26-2002, 03:29 PM
Hey 65hoss:

I wonder if that "top secret" weapon you are refering to could be the same one that is on the "top secret" video that the postman delivered to my house today? ;)

I'll be viewing it with much interest this afternoon. :D

65hoss
09-26-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by SLS
Hey 65hoss:

I wonder if that "top secret" weapon you are refering to could be the same one that is on the "top secret" video that the postman delivered to my house today? ;)

I'll be viewing it with much interest this afternoon. :D


I doubt it. Your referring to the aerator no doubt. I'm not. ;)

JimK
09-26-2002, 04:30 PM
65 Hoss ... you pick it (of them).

Thanks.

As far as sending my check your way for the rainfall? The check is in the mail ... have you heard that one before?

Scotlawncare
09-26-2002, 04:30 PM
Hoss,

Top secret huh. I bet I know what it is. :D :D :D

Scot

65hoss
09-26-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by JimK
65 Hoss ... you pick it (of them).

Thanks.

As far as sending my check your way for the rainfall? The check is in the mail ... have you heard that one before?


Yea, I think I heard that one the last time I wrote something! :D


I'll see what I can come up with for you Jim.

SLS
09-26-2002, 04:38 PM
Your referring to the aerator no doubt.

Nope. hehehe.....:D

JimK
09-27-2002, 09:51 AM
JimK wrote:
As far as sending my check your way for the rainfall? The check is in the mail ... have you heard that one before?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
65 Hoss wrote:
Yea, I think I heard that one the last time I wrote something!As far as sending my check your way for the rainfall? The check is in the mail ... have you heard that one before?

You really know how to hurt a guy ... jezzz

SLS
09-27-2002, 10:02 AM
Considering the excellent contribution that Turf Magazine makes to our chosen professions....I'll make a deal with you, JimK.

If you are willing to come to Nashville and load it up....I'll give you some of my extra rain...NO CHARGE!


Sorry, 65hoss....but "business is business". :p

65hoss
09-27-2002, 10:15 AM
A little competition huh? Ok, but mine is quality with service after the sale! Lowballers can't compete with that. ;)

JimK
09-27-2002, 04:02 PM
Well ... I'll be in Nashville for the GIE in November. Can you store it up for me? I'll bring buckets in the back of my truck.

I'll take both deliveries. I'll have you bill my wife ... fair?

SLS
09-27-2002, 07:34 PM
Fair enough, Jim! :)

So 65hoss, am I to take it that Memphis rain is of better quality than Nashville rain??? Are you sure you are not really selling good ol' Missippi river water? ;)

And what about that "service after the sale" part? Is that your new "secret weapon"....you've been taught the ancient Hopi Indian Raindance?? :D

Scag48
09-27-2002, 08:38 PM
Jim-I'll be emailing mine to you. I told you about a month ago that I would do it and am finally getting around to having enough time to do it.

GarPA
09-28-2002, 05:56 AM
Ok Hoss....now I am finally convinced...you have tried to make us believe you really own and run a grounds maintenance company...well I am no longer fooled!!.....you REALLY are a sales rep for at least 6 different manufacturers aren't you??? Your 'company' is merely a 'shell' so we let you do your subtle marketing here in LS.....tee hee...you crafty little devil

65hoss
09-28-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by kitzy
Ok Hoss....now I am finally convinced...you have tried to make us believe you really own and run a grounds maintenance company...well I am no longer fooled!!.....you REALLY are a sales rep for at least 6 different manufacturers aren't you??? Your 'company' is merely a 'shell' so we let you do your subtle marketing here in LS.....tee hee...you crafty little devil

Yep, now I'm bottling water. Not that pure drinking water stuff. It rain water complete with acid. Nothing better than acid rain for quality. ;)