PDA

View Full Version : raptor blades

Season 2 Season
09-26-2002, 02:19 PM
How do you guys sharpen the raptor blades. With the curves in them, seems like it would be hard toget a sharp edge all the way across. Thanks

Season 2 Season
09-26-2002, 04:36 PM
come on guys. does anybody have a solution to this? withall the knowledge you all have somebody has to have an answer.

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape
09-26-2002, 04:43 PM
Ive never seen those kinda blades?What do they look like and what are the advatages of them??:confused:

Cut 2 Please
09-26-2002, 06:00 PM
I imagine the raptor blades are similar to the Marbane (SP) mulch blades that Scag has been offering an now Ferris. They have that drop down on the cutting surface. I just bought a set and also need to know how to sharpen them short of buying one of those high dollar Mag 8000. The Mag 8000 is probably worth every penny, but to just do blades for my mower it is a little pricey. For me the hand grinder is out because I usually end up messing up the blade. Don't know why but I stink at it. I have been using an RBG sharpener but can't figure out how to make it work with these new mulch blades. Please help.

wattsup
09-26-2002, 06:39 PM
They are just like Gator blades except they have a drop down cutting edge like a regular mulching blade. They come from Stens. I bought three sets in the spring, and out of nine blades four were bent. They are cheaper than Gators, but that is obviously for a reason. I use an air grinder to sharpen mine, it just takes a little practice to do the curves.