PDA

View Full Version : TB135 Value

Viseras lawn service
04-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Looking at a Takeuchi TB135, model year 2005. It has 2700 hours on it, exterior/interior look to be in good shape with normal wear/tear and some dings here and there..

Tracks/undercarraige are fairly new and look to be in good shape. Pins seem nice and tight and everything is in working order.

Brand new Hyd. Thumb installed and new 18'' bucket w/ teeth.

They are asking $23,750.00.....

Any input?

Dirtman2007
04-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Looking at a Takeuchi TB135, model year 2005. It has 2700 hours on it, exterior/interior look to be in good shape with normal wear/tear and some dings here and there..

Tracks/undercarraige are fairly new and look to be in good shape. Pins seem nice and tight and everything is in working order.

Brand new Hyd. Thumb installed and new 18'' bucket w/ teeth.

They are asking $23,750.00.....

Any input?

I think thats high, I have one Identical, TB135 2004, 2600 hrs, hydro thumb and I think its only worth about $14,000 max if I went and tried to sell it now. they were only $40,000 new

On edit: just went and looked at some ones sold at ritchie brothers, they averaged 11.5- 14K for this year and hours

Hollowellreid
04-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I have been keeping an eye out for one. This is our next purchase I hope.

Good to see you can get a used one for a nice price..

Premier Landscaping
04-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Seems kinda high to me too. I assume it must have a cab, but still seems a little on the high side. I bought my TB 145 2 years ago off ironplant for 11,500 with hydraulic thumb 1900 hrs on it, has open cab and tracks were rough, but I got two years out of them and the new ones are sitting on the shop floor now waiting to be put on next week. Deals are out there be patient if you can.

Viseras lawn service
04-02-2011, 08:34 AM
this is actually a united rentals machine....

I thought it was a bit high too.... the machine has no thumb on it now, they will install a brand new one on it for 2250.....asking 21k for the machine only.....for some reason I had like 19k in my head for the machine....20k with the thumb out the door....but may be thats too much also?

Scag48
04-02-2011, 02:59 PM
I would steer clear of an ex rental unit entirely, especially one with that many hours. And to top it off, they're asking way too much. Keep shopping.

J. Peterson Grading
04-02-2011, 06:06 PM
I bought an ex rental mini ex, and have had nothing but good luck with it. It had 1200 Hours on it, had 3 buckets, quick tatch, cab and heat. I paid $16500.00 I am pushing 2400 Hours now, and other than servicing it, and putting on a new set of tracks 100 hours ago, its been a pretty low cost machine.

Most rental equipment have had good service plans, they have to to keep thier customers happy. So buying one used is (IMO) a good thing.

You can go and buy a used, one owner machine and have more trouble with it, and it all boils down to service.

J.

Viseras lawn service
04-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Thats what i was thinking regarding the rentals. I have been dealing with this UR branch for a while, and have never gotten a bad machine to rent.

They are very good about keeping the units clean and serviced.

It started at 22k, now 21. Gonna offer 18k i think and see what happens.

Hollowellreid
04-03-2011, 09:16 PM
We have bought rental machines in the past and would probably do it again.

That being said, I wouldn't PREFER one over a one owner or small business machine. Wouldn't pay extra either. Would have to be a good deal.

Rental machines get WHIPPED on. No if's, ands, or buts about it. Sure they change the oil etc- do "scheduled maintenance" but there is minimal greasing, hard lives, and minimal repairs beyond the bare minimum of what keeps them running.

Votum Gardens LLC
04-04-2011, 05:58 AM
I have been keeping an eye out for one. This is our next purchase I hope.

Good to see you can get a used one for a nice price..

I don't know how far you are willing to go, but have you tried Grand equipment up in Hudsonville (by Grand Rapids)? They had some really good looking machines when I was up there two weeks ago. Can't give you prices for them as a mini ex wasn't what I'm looking for.

As for buying from a rental machine, I feel the location of the machine has some effect on wether I would buy it. For instance I have been looking at used CTL's for a long term project I have going on, and checked out two Tak TL140's from United Rentals. One was in Romulus Mi is a 2004 w/ 3797 hrs and looks beat to crap. The other is a 2004 w/ 1734 hrs and is pristine located in Perrysburg OH.