PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Ideas

Texas_Cut
04-01-2011, 05:34 PM
I just started Texas Cut Lawn Service a month ago and have 10 accounts. I am only doing residential at the moment and looking for different, cost effective ways to advertise. I have passed out cards to 500 houses allready and have 1000 more to go. I have been using craigslist and have had moderate success with that. And my last thing I did was use yellowbook for free online and have had no success with that so far. Any Ideas on different forms of advertising and getting customers.

-passing out cards to houses
-craigslist
-yellowbook

Best of luck to all.

GreenI.A.
04-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Just keep hitting the same houses over and over with wth cards wvery 3-4 weeks this spring. My post card mailing is hitting my houses 3 times this spring. When I sign a new customer in the neighborhood I leave a door hanger on the neighbors doors saying that another neighbor just signed up. You want your advertiing to build your brand recognition, the more the customer sees it the more likely they are to call you. When they get the first add they may not be thinking about lawn care, but when they get the thrid they may be, and by that point they have now seen your name 3 times

bohiaa
04-02-2011, 09:46 AM
HELLO KATY TEXAS....

Bellville here.

Were moving into Sealy now....

tradeyouraccounts
04-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Have you tried using a facebook business page? its free and can network with people in your'e area.

rnd
04-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Check out our website rndsigns.com to download our FREE marketing handbook and planner which has helpful tips on marketing strategies!

Get FREE quote on all of our marketing materials or request a FREE sample packet

walker-talker
04-04-2011, 07:46 PM
How big is Katy, Texas?

PostcardMania
04-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Just keep hitting the same houses over and over with wth cards wvery 3-4 weeks this spring. My post card mailing is hitting my houses 3 times this spring. When I sign a new customer in the neighborhood I leave a door hanger on the neighbors doors saying that another neighbor just signed up. You want your advertiing to build your brand recognition, the more the customer sees it the more likely they are to call you. When they get the first add they may not be thinking about lawn care, but when they get the thrid they may be, and by that point they have now seen your name 3 times

GreenIndustryAssociates - you obviously know the importance of repeat mailings, good job! Who are you using for your direct mail campaigns?

Another easy, FREE way to get your business known is to list yourself on all the search engine local listings. It's not easy to find the URLs to sign up, so we created a report which has all the URLs and how to register: http://bit.ly/gzkBKJ

(please excuse the message on the page, we just used this as an offer page after our CEO spoke at an event) :)

PostcardMania
04-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Sorry, posted the wrong link for the local search report, here's the correct one: http://www.postcardmania.com/marketingoffers

GreenI.A.
04-05-2011, 07:13 PM
GreenIndustryAssociates - you obviously know the importance of repeat mailings, good job! Who are you using for your direct mail campaigns?

I did the printing and mailing with GotPrint, i provided them with a list I had previously purchased from infousa

Texas_Cut
04-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Have you tried using a facebook business page? its free and can network with people in your'e area.

I have created a facebook page.. but the invite friends to the page button does not work... some reason I have invited 100's of people but they do not receive the invite.. I think there is something wrong with facebook. Do any of you have that problem?

PostcardMania
04-07-2011, 11:31 AM
I have created a facebook page.. but the invite friends to the page button does not work... some reason I have invited 100's of people but they do not receive the invite.. I think there is something wrong with facebook. Do any of you have that problem?

Texas - they do receive a "page suggestion" it's just located in a different area now. It will show up on the left hand sidebar once you suggest your page to your friends.