PDA

View Full Version : Sighhhhh.,...Because I'm an idiot

tjlco
04-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Gave a sod estimate 2 weeks ago, went today to do. I knew it was 2 pallets
(1000 square feet), so I used sod cutter, and cut all the areas out I was supposed to........and apparently about 400 square feet extra:hammerhead:
either that or the sod company shorted me. I have never measured a lawn wrong before....I am going back Tuesday to re measure because I am so damn angry with myself. I sure we have all made mistakes, but damn I have NEVER been 400 sq ft short..., maybe I just got to happy with the paint lines (we always mark the area with paint lines first) orrrrrr maybe the vibration from the sod cutter got me all excited lol:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead: ;):dizzy::confused::mad::mad:

KrayzKajun
04-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Always measure twice and mark once!
Posted via Mobile Device

Oakleaf landscape
04-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Always measure twice and mark once!
Posted via Mobile Device

I always do that, but I seem to end up marking about 5 times. Place looks like a rainbow when i'm done marking. That's why I carry all the colors of marking paint in my trailer. Never fails...

naughty62
04-02-2011, 08:39 AM
we always order extra .we have no problem getting rid of it . Probly order a few extra pallets and make a little profit .

FLAhaulboy
04-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Don't feel bad here, we pros all make mistakes now and then. I recently laid some sod, measured it as 375 sq ft, Bought a pallet @ 450 sq ft (cheaper by the pallet), ended up being "short" by 200 sq ft! It was embarrassing to say the least but I still charged them for extra labor & additional delivery service. I'm sure I measured it right but prob mis added the total amount needed.

Dr.NewEarth
04-03-2011, 01:53 AM
We can all make mistakes at some time, even the most seasoned pros.

Just, don't tell anybody about it!

JFGauvreau
04-03-2011, 09:42 AM
400sq feet missing of sod doesn't look pretty, but as long as you can fix it fast, no problem with that, everyone makes mistakes.

RigglePLC
04-03-2011, 10:46 AM
So measure how much you put down. How many sqft? How many rolls of sod? Did they short you? Is there more sqft than you planned? How is the sod roll measured? is it 18" by 4.5 feet? If so that is 972 sq inches or 75 percent of a sq yard.

clean_cut
04-03-2011, 11:43 AM
We all make mistakes, just try and learn from it for next time.....

For example.... Just yesterday I was filling up a blower, I opened the tank lid, poured the gas in and went to set the gas can back down in the garage. I came pack to the blower, threw it over my shoulder, and heard a "glug, glug, glug" and a then a splashing sound, as gas poured all over my leg and driveway :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

The sad thing is, I've done that twice now :cry: Hopefully I'll finally learn my lesson :laugh:

KrayzKajun
04-03-2011, 12:58 PM
We all make mistakes, just try and learn from it for next time.....

For example.... Just yesterday I was filling up a blower, I opened the tank lid, poured the gas in and went to set the gas can back down in the garage. I came pack to the blower, threw it over my shoulder, and heard a "glug, glug, glug" and a then a splashing sound, as gas poured all over my leg and driveway :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

The sad thing is, I've done that twice now :cry: Hopefully I'll finally learn my lesson :laugh:

been there done that:hammerhead::hammerhead:

bigslick7878
04-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Is it really that hard to multiply 2 numbers?