PDA

View Full Version : Echo 650 vs Redmax 7001 backpack

blairbuc
09-26-2002, 06:36 PM
Ok. what am I missing. Most guys in LawnSite say the new RedMax 7001 is king of the backpack blowers but the spec sheet says something different or I'm reading wrong.

The Redmax engine is 62cc vs Echo 63.3cc
Redmax 630cfm at pipe vs Echo 630 cfm
Redmax 855 w/o pipe: Echo 1200 (cfm-housing)

Echo is slightly bigger at the engine, they are equal at the pipe, but the Echo is far stronger at the housing. I see that the language is a little different, redmax says w/o pipe and Echo says housing.

Most guys, in my opinion, seem to say the Redmax is best but on paper the Echo says it's bigger on engine and cfm with pipe off.

I know all that matters is that they are both equal at the end of the pipe but before I buy two of these things on my budget I would like to hear from someone who has tried them both.

cnflawn
09-27-2002, 05:32 AM
good morning,
we are a dealer for echo and redmax. last year when the pb-650 was introduced we built a blow meter exactly like the one in the echo brochures. the 650 would outblow everything on the market by leaps and bounds including the eb-7000. we just got our eb-7001's in and put them to the test. it will blow almost exactly what the 650 blows with the back cooling tube open and will outblow it by a little with the cooling tube blocked. they are so close you couldnt tell the difference to use them. redmax sells for 499 the echo is 529. all this said find the unit you are the most compfortable with and a DEALER who will support you when you need them for service and parts.
jerald

p.s. if you use stihl/husky/smaller echos/tanaka you wont believe the difference till you use one of these big boys

blairbuc
09-27-2002, 10:34 AM
thanks for the reply, I guess the difference would come down to a carb adjustment. Since you got both units there which one looks like its built better. ie carb filter housing /elbo's on tube/fuel lines ect

cnflawn
09-27-2002, 12:08 PM
thanks for the great questions.
looking at the 2 units side by side the following differences stand out to me.
redmax has much bigger/longer lasting air filter
redmax has nicer back pad with air flow. this feature makes a big difference in the bigger jobs.
both units have rotary valve carbs with 0 adjustments.
thanks for calling the shop i hope mr marty was a help to you.
if we can help again just call. sorry i missed you this time.

jerald
p.s. the redmax can be bought with the right hand throttle as well

blairbuc
09-27-2002, 07:08 PM
well you made up my mind- thank you again