PDA

View Full Version : need some ideas on a dry creek bed with a steps

PremierT&L
04-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Guys,

I have a 2 clients with a tough drainage problem I'm trying to solve. The areas are on the sides of 2 houses that are next to each other. These areas are about 70 feet long and about 15 feet wide. The houses are quite close together in this neighborhood as it is a "zero maintenance" neighborhood in which we have the maintenance contract as well. There is about 6 feet of fall from front to back in between the houses. The grass has died due to shade and running water, there's quite a bit of run off that runs down these areas during heavy rains. These areas are mostly bare now.

We know we're going to do a type of dry creek bed in these areas, which we've done plenty of so I know they will look good and work well. The problem I'm having is that in 2 of the 3 areas they also want stone stepping stones that work their way down the slope. I think I know how to do it, but my concern is that the creek stones will roll onto the stepping stones creating a dangerous situation. 2 options I'm thinking about is raising the stepping stones up out of the creek bed a few inches or maybe doing mondo grass around and in between the stepping stones with the creek stone on either side of the path.

I'm hoping that maybe 1 of you guys has built something like this and might have some feedback or suggestions for me.

Thanks in advance!