PDA

View Full Version : Quickbook users

lawntennis
04-03-2011, 09:51 PM
When I go to enter a payment sometimes I end up with a customer balance up top that equals the available credits. I can correct it by clicking on discounts and credits applied but would rather not have to . What am I doing wrong.

DeereHauler
04-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Sorry i can't help, my wife handles quickbooks. I'll ask her and see what she says. Maybe someone will respond in the meantime.

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-03-2011, 11:25 PM
have you tried peachtree. I prefer it over QB but to each his own.

lawntennis
04-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Come on guys I can't so stupid that I am the only guy to have this problem...........Or am I?

JDT Property Care
04-08-2011, 05:09 PM
I know it sounds dumb, but did you make sure you typed all the numbers in correctly? You didn't put someone's bill or amount from their check in wrong, right?

zturncutter
04-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Are you setting your invoice date to a date prior to your payment date for the service or item.

spray_man
04-09-2011, 09:46 AM
When I go to enter a payment sometimes I end up with a customer balance up top that equals the available credits. I can correct it by clicking on discounts and credits applied but would rather not have to . What am I doing wrong.

I use Quickbooks on-line but I think this works the same for both programs. When you pay an invoice, make sure the "pay date" is after the "invoice date" and before a new invoice is written for the same customer.

If you still have problems PM me.