PDA

View Full Version : Question On Pricing On Spring & Fall Cleanups

Mower20R
04-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Hi guys, I am up here in minnesota, I am pricing my first spring cleanup, I went an looked at the property and it is around an hour to mow with a 48" deck john deere rider. I am estimating around a 3 hour cleanup. I am wondering If i can get any ideas on what to charge for a spring cleanup. It looks like some light raking around the edges, and basically just going over the lawn and bagging up the leaves, there isn't a whole lot of leaves on the lawn, some areas no leaves, some areas have leaves just enough to cover the grass. It will be a one time 30 mile round trip, so I am figuring it will cost me 10 to 15 dollars fuel cost for truck and mower. I don't have any payments on lawn equipment or any kind of overhead etc. I am just a solo guy doing this on the side. I will be hauling the stuff to my house for a compost pile. Any ideas on pricing would be great. Thanks Also any ideas on fall cleanup with the lawn being covered in leaves?

McFarland_Lawn_Care
04-04-2011, 05:55 PM
No IDEA - totally depends on your business model, equipment and what prices are in your area. For me? somewhere around $250....good luck...

Raymond S.
04-04-2011, 11:33 PM
If it takes you an hour w/ a 48" rider then I'll guess it about 1 acre or close to it. Just "raking the edges" and bagging the grass doesn't really describe a cleanup, more like a first mow. My estimate on a simple first mow and light spring cleanup (blow beds, pickup some sticks) I'd say $105. With cleanups it's not always so much about the size of the lawn as it is how many beds and trees there are along with how well the fall cleanup was done.
Posted via Mobile Device