PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take to get a nice amount of accounts.

Hardcore5657
04-04-2011, 06:30 PM
I just started this year and I have 3 accounts so far, I have done post card mailers and flyers. Is there anything else I can do?

GMLC
04-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Door hangers in the neighborhoods you want to target. Works the best for us.

Hardcore5657
04-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Gmlc ,How many times do you hit the same houses with flyers?
Posted via Mobile Device

GMLC
04-04-2011, 07:08 PM
I do early spring and fall. Dont want to piss people off by doing it to much. Its nice because you can really target the areas where you want to work. Door hangers have worked best for us over the years. Also get active with your community and people will remember you, spread the word and hand out business cards. A lot of it is who you know and word of mouth.

preciselawnky
04-04-2011, 09:15 PM
x2 on door hangers 1 went from 10 to 30 mowing accounts so far this season with only 500 door hangers and i get around 5 calls a day with 100 lawn signs 500 door hangers and craigslist

Lux Lawn
04-04-2011, 10:05 PM
x2 on door hangers 1 went from 10 to 30 mowing accounts so far this season with only 500 door hangers and i get around 5 calls a day with 100 lawn signs 500 door hangers and craigslist

Where do you place the 100 lawn signs to get 5 calls a day?

Thats a good amount of calls.

nepatsfan
04-04-2011, 10:20 PM
I just started this year and I have 3 accounts so far, I have done post card mailers and flyers. Is there anything else I can do?

It's not the number of accounts. It is the quality and profitablility of the accounts you have.

Dr.NewEarth
04-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Personally, I'm trying to make the recession or any thought of it...Go Away.
Then I believe there will be more clients and less lawn jockeys.
8.8 percent unemployment in British Columbia. That's higher than the national average.
Once all of those guys find jobs and stop cutting lawns for low ball rates, then
things should get back to normal.

StihlMechanic
04-04-2011, 11:05 PM
CL works for me. Make a nice and clear ad listing your services. Don't list prices. Most people who call you from CL want cheap lawn care so weed them out or take it. Then do good work and look forward to referrals. Pass out cards, give 2 to everyone. Kiss babies. Pick a good church in a nice area and park your truck with your logo on it there on Sunday. I park at the local mega church dressed in my Sunday best. Just as church is letting out I walk to my truck with the logo on the back window, holding my bible of coarse. I smile and wave at the Realtors and other well-to-dos as they leave in their Lexus's. I usually pick up 3-5 accounts this way.

Raymond S.
04-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Wow...
Posted via Mobile Device

tradeyouraccounts
04-04-2011, 11:29 PM
It's not the number of accounts. It is the quality and profitablility of the accounts you have.

That is correct.

rain man
04-04-2011, 11:42 PM

If you price low enough there is no need for advertising. Word will get out and the phone will start ringing. However, I would heed the above advice.

KrayzKajun
04-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Bingo! I couldnt have said it better
Posted via Mobile Device

Lux Lawn
04-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Kiss babies. Pick a good church in a nice area and park your truck with your logo on it there on Sunday. I park at the local mega church dressed in my Sunday best. Just as church is letting out I walk to my truck with the logo on the back window, holding my bible of coarse. I smile and wave at the Realtors and other well-to-dos as they leave in their Lexus's.

Those are some funny ways of getting new customers, but I can actually see the B.S. working. Nice angle you got going, you have to do what you can to make a sale.

StihlMechanic
04-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Those are some funny ways of getting new customers, but I can actually see the B.S. working. Nice angle you got going, you have to do what you can to make a sale.

Hey, I got a house payment and smoke two packs a day, got to fund it.:laugh: