PDA

View Full Version : New mower advise

weedwackyrizzz
09-27-2002, 10:21 AM
I am looking for a new riding comercial lawn mower with a 60-70 in. cut and something that is easy to services and to easy to maintain also that is reliable. I've heard of Walker being one of the best along with John Deere, Scag and Bob-Cat. I also need to know what model along with the brand. I don't know what other brands are just as good, but if anyone can help me I need at least 5 different brands to look into. Thanks for your time.:blob3:

BladeRunner Rep
09-28-2002, 02:58 PM
Well I wish I could say just go take a look at a BLADERUNNER, but I can't since we do not have a dealer up your way yet. I will tell you this take a good look at the dealer who is selling the machine to you. Ask how his or her service department is do they offer loaners, do they stock parts and are they a warranty dealer for the brand of engine sitting on that machine? The last one is very important because we have run into this a few times and beleve me it is bad when you have a perfectly good machine with a bad engine and your dealer who sold you the mower can't fix it!

We have cured this problem by only selling machines to the dealer that is certified to warranty that engine make. But some of the other manufactures just sell to sell, so please take that in consideration!

Good luck with your purchase!

AMERICAN BLADERUNNER

TurfGuyTX
09-28-2002, 03:28 PM
My personal recommendation would be a Scag Turf Tiger with liquid cooled Kawasaki. They're built tough. I run mine like crazy and really like. Give it a little time, and others will respond with their opinions. Good luck.

HOWARD JONES
09-30-2002, 11:34 AM
I would look at Dixie Chopper, Toro, ExMark, Hustler, Grasshopper and Kubota if they are in your area, in addition to the ones you mentioned - hope I didn't miss anyone's favorite. As far as model number goes, there is usually only one or possibly two models that large by each manufacturer.

weedwackyrizzz
09-30-2002, 07:18 PM
Thank you all for your advice on the mowers. I will still take more advise because it wont be till the mid winter or early spring before I consider buying one. Iam still looking for any info on the Walker mower that I've heard about. Thanks again to all. :)

P&J Lawncare
10-01-2002, 03:09 AM
I have tried them all except the bladerunner and I own scag turf tigers and a hustler super z and the hustler is definately easier to work on (though I don't have to work on it much) and it is the best mower I have ever owned. My top five would be 1.hustler 2.exmark 3.dixie chopper 4.scag 5.toro

Farmboy
10-01-2002, 06:31 PM
If there is or going to be a dealer on bladerunner take a look at one! If not then look at hustler and dixie.

Swampbeast
10-18-2002, 01:38 PM
SCAG Turf Tiger, 61 inch deck, 27 HP Kawasaki. Its awesome. I run mine like a maniac, I have smashed mine into a brick wall before, he he, it hurt the brick wall!
Wait until 2003 though, SCAG is putting a new 29 HP Digital Fuel Injection Kawasaki on thier Turf Tigers, I am going to get one!
If not SCAG, then Exmark, or Dixie Chopper, or Hustler, or Walker. Stay away from John Deere, I dont like em. :dizzy:

weedwackyrizzz
10-19-2002, 03:50 PM
Thank you for your insight, I've been looking into both the Scag and the Walker. I hear the Walker has a lot of moving parts and could be a problem when it gets older, but if it is a good mower like they say then it should not be too much a problem. As for the Scag I hear it is a real work horse. I am looking for gas and air cooled since I will only be using it once a week for about 7hours. I still need to bag part time so I don't know how the Scag will do. Since I will be looking to buy in the spring time I will also be asking local landscapers for there advise, but still looking here for other advise. Thanks again for your input.:blob2: :blob1: :blob4:

Clewsew
10-22-2002, 04:28 PM
Also, a brand to consider is the Gravely. They make commericial mowers as well. I see quite a few Gravelys here in OK, but, I do not see a ton of posts about them. If they have a dealer in your area, give them a consideration at least. I was going to purchase a Gravely WB, but fell into a great deal on a used Toro WB instead. Saved more then $1500, so I couldn't pass on the deal. Anyway, they are commericial mowers, and from what I see and hear get a Kawasaki engine on what ever brand you get.

Good luck,
Clewsew

duke
10-24-2002, 09:40 AM
hustler is a good mower with a good warranty