PDA

View Full Version : And just like that

South Florida Lawns
04-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Went from one week of maintenance and having a free week for installs, to now full time mowing, and the phone's off the hook for landscaping and sod. Seems like it all went from a comfortable slow paced off season to out of control.

KrayzKajun
04-05-2011, 01:22 AM
Just wait Hurricane season is creeping up on us
Posted via Mobile Device

Patriot Services
04-05-2011, 11:06 AM
This time last year we were still freezing our butts off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lefet
04-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Over here it's almost the complete opposite. We're WAITING for the sun to shine!! (For longer than a few hours.)

zturncutter
04-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Went from one week of maintenance and having a free week for installs, to now full time mowing, and the phone's off the hook for landscaping and sod. Seems like it all went from a comfortable slow paced off season to out of control.

Same here, sold 3 new maint. contracts in the last 10 days, a paver patio and a major irrigation revamp, unreal.

Patriot Services
04-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Today is a complete crap day. Gray and raining.
Posted via Mobile Device

zturncutter
04-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Today is a complete crap day. Gray and raining.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea pouring here right now, rebuilding an irrigation pump in my shop right now, it's dry in here.

justanotherlawnguy
04-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Just wait Hurricane season is creeping up on us
Posted via Mobile Device

hurricance season has been a bust the past few years around here. I keep hoping for some storm damage every year, but every storm seems to go to LA and TX. The year we had those 3 hurricanes was nice, but hurricane season of late hasnt produced anything here....

I went to New Orleans the year after Katrina and they were still cleaning debris......

South Florida Lawns
04-07-2011, 09:15 PM
phone's been ringing off the hook.

zturncutter
04-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Busy myself, better than the last 2 or 3 springs, I do think we are on the way up again. :cool2:

billslawn89
04-07-2011, 09:26 PM
phone's been ringing off the hook.

hey, same here, started the last couple of days for me. with that rain we had the last couple of weeks made everything pop. i did a cleanup today, have one tomorrow morning, doing the trimming back of the lovely vines that grow wild in the empty lots and grow into the clients yards. like you said earlier south florida lawns, from doing hardly nothing to busy as shiz, plus the heat is coming too, 90's this weekend and beyond.

zturncutter
04-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Ahhhhhh the 90's in April how lovely.:cry:

Florida Gardener
04-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Ahhhhhh the 90's in April how lovely.:cry:

Yea really...I was hoping those temps would hold off until june
Posted via Mobile Device

South Florida Lawns
04-08-2011, 12:19 AM
ehh I hate the cold i'll take 90's. Nothing worse than trying to get going on a day thats in the 30's or 40's.

Landscape Poet
04-08-2011, 05:03 AM
ehh I hate the cold i'll take 90's. Nothing worse than trying to get going on a day thats in the 30's or 40's.

The mornings are still a little cold here. I hate the middle of summer though worse...you know those days when you walk out at 6:30 and by the time you hook the trailer up you are already soaked, it feels like 8 pm, and you look down and it is only 7 am. :cry:

It is coming hard and fast I have a feeling.

Ric
04-08-2011, 08:39 AM
This time last year we were still freezing our butts off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep Last few years the weather pattern has been very unusual. Right now we are having Yankee spring weather with all the Rain. I am not complaining because all the Yards are looking good and I mean all the yard not just the ones I treat. This week-end 90 degree weather will warm the ground just that much more and if the rain keeps coming you all will be cutting hay.

Yes I am getting a few calls, but to be honest nothing special. What Blows my mind is this year I advertised and have not advertised in the past.

abrightday
04-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Yep Last few years the weather pattern has been very unusual. Right now we are having Yankee spring weather with all the Rain. I am not complaining because all the Yards are looking good and I mean all the yard not just the ones I treat. This week-end 90 degree weather will warm the ground just that much more and if the rain keeps coming you all will be cutting hay.

Yes I am getting a few calls, but to be honest nothing special. What Blows my mind is this year I advertised and have not advertised in the past.

Advertising takes that long term commitment, so they say. I find the best is networking, the chamber of commerce, and such, hooking up with people in related industries,,
www.YourLandscapePro.com

Ric
04-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Advertising takes that long term commitment, so they say. I find the best is networking, the chamber of commerce, and such, hooking up with people in related industries,,
www.YourLandscapePro.com

Walter

Yep Networking does work and it works good. I sure those LS members who network with me will tell you I send them a fair amount of work. BTW They send me a Fair amount of work also. I am not hurting for work I am Hurting for the right kind of work. I am trying to switch over to structural pest control only.

Advertising takes some time but I want to believe I am hiting it on all angles. I have a Full page in the Dex Yellow Pages, First Page Google listing and First Page on Dex Internet phone info. But I am also up against some of the Big Boys in a very tuff market of structural Pest control. They advertise heavy and have Branded Names. The Garnola Crowd with their Fruits and Nuts have pretty much convinced me to take a hike away from Politically Correct Orgasmic Fertilization and get out of L&O.

Florida Gardener
04-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Walter

Yep Networking does work and it works good. I sure those LS members who network with me will tell you I send them a fair amount of work. BTW They send me a Fair amount of work also. I am not hurting for work I am Hurting for the right kind of work. I am trying to switch over to structural pest control only.

Advertising takes some time but I want to believe I am hiting it on all angles. I have a Full page in the Dex Yellow Pages, First Page Google listing and First Page on Dex Internet phone info. But I am also up against some of the Big Boys in a very tuff market of structural Pest control. They advertise heavy and have Branded Names. The Garnola Crowd with their Fruits and Nuts have pretty much convinced me to take a hike away from Politically Correct Orgasmic Fertilization and get out of L&O.
That's the key, quality customers. Same here. I have no problem walking away from people who won't pay my prices or have a Bahia yard or won't fertilize and or gave a spray company take care of pests. I'd rather have 30 great accounts that always spend money vs 100 that all you do is cut....
Posted via Mobile Device

South Florida Lawns
04-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Spent more fuel today doing estimates than running the route. Insane!

All the estimates look promising. Put in a few good bids on maint. This is all commercial work though which is what I mainly focus on now.

Green King TLC
04-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Here in north Pinellas County I have almost doubled my business in 3 months. I went from 20 properties this winter to 38 in 3 months. The bank I do R.E.O.s for has been calling with new properties as soon as it started to get warm. I don't count them in my property count because I don't have them for more than 6-8 months.