PDA

View Full Version : How important is a sign on your truck?

Justinp
04-05-2011, 02:02 PM
How important is a sign on your truck? Would yall say a sign on your truck is better for advertising and signing customers than flyers or door hangers? Also, how many of yall have a work shirt / dress code? They are cheap to get and I was just wondering. Thanks

Ted at HindSite
04-05-2011, 03:24 PM
I think signs on your truck is probably one of the most important things you can do when it comes to advertising and awareness. You'll get people who walk up to you because they see your truck and logo. Some of the other guys can tell you if it's better than other sign types, but it's absolutely important.

Dress codes with work shirts are a good thing too. They make you look much more professional.

wglyons
04-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Well, I know for a fact that last year I got a $400 clean-up job that turned into a $75/month maintenance agreement, because the lady called and said, "I saw the signs on your truck and trailer and I liked your name"...

I've also mentioned to various people over time that I own "Lawn & Order", and they say, "OH, I've seen your trucks around town"...And of course, I don't tell them that I've only got one truck!!!!!

So, the signage is CHEAP, and after that initial expense, it is a free, moving billboard. People pay thousands of dollars per month for billboards that DON'T move.

New Leaf Maint
04-05-2011, 05:37 PM
I've also mentioned to various people over time that I own "Lawn & Order", and they say, "OH, I've seen your trucks around town"...And of course, I don't tell them that I've only got one truck!!!!!

I've also had people say that they've seen my trucks when I only have one.:laugh: Its because it stands out so much and is very memorable.

I think that the main reason to sign up your truck is to promote branding and making your company memorable and the FIRST company they think of when they need a service like yours. You won't get a lot of jobs because they call you when they see your phone number on your truck but later when they look in the phone book, see your door hanger, mailer, or other advertising, they call YOU because they remember seeing your truck. When you sign up your truck/trailer, make it big, different and MEMORABLE but still professional and the business will come.

GMLC
04-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Truck signage is one of the cheapest forms of advertisement. It doesnt not replace door hangers or flyers. It does help look more professional and helps people recognize you.

Justinp
04-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Well, I know for a fact that last year I got a $400 clean-up job that turned into a $75/month maintenance agreement, because the lady called and said, "I saw the signs on your truck and trailer and I liked your name"...

So, the signage is CHEAP, and after that initial expense, it is a free, moving billboard. People pay thousands of dollars per month for billboards that DON'T move.

This is weird, but im running through deeds and someone has your name here in austin. lol

JFGauvreau
04-05-2011, 06:33 PM
I think everything is important, try to have everything you own lettered with your logo. Your goal is to show your logo to the most people as possible. Truck, t-shirts, hat, letters, envelope, fridge magnets, business cards, trailer, etc.

QualityLawnCare4u
04-05-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm glad you folks have had good lucks with yours, but I have never gotten one single call from my signs. Always got mine from word of mouth or referals.

Landscape Poet
04-05-2011, 07:14 PM

I seen you looking at my trailer in Winter Garden today....LOL...then a little further down the road when I was leaving Stoneybrook West. Good to have another FL guy here on lawnsite

Landscape Poet
04-05-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm glad you folks have had good lucks with yours, but I have never gotten one single call from my signs. Always got mine from word of mouth or referals.

This is where a majority of my business has come from too....I get some calls off the sign on my trailer...but they are usually some smuck wanting a one time mow.

Landscape Poet
04-05-2011, 07:21 PM
I seen you looking at my trailer in Winter Garden today....LOL...then a little further down the road when I was leaving Stoneybrook West. Good to have another FL guy here on lawnsite

actually I just seen your location....I guess this was not you???

This is who I seen looking at my trailer today....this is not you correct?
http://www.lawnandordercfl.com/

Justinp
04-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Do yall slap signs on your GF or wifes car? Haha. Double the advertisment.

Bush Lawn Care
04-05-2011, 10:56 PM
I ran a sign and graphics shop from June 2003 to December 2009, 2 things I always said

Signs don't cost money, they make money
and
A business with no sign is a sign of no business

take that as you will