PDA

View Full Version : Kubota track loader

Wisentaner
04-05-2011, 07:21 PM
Any one have or have tried one yet? What do you think?

SellingIron
04-05-2011, 07:53 PM
This is just my 2 cents.. I think they should be buried in concrete or maybe used as a boat anchor...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

StihlBR600
04-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Sellingiron is a dumba**. As a matter of fact i just demoed one yesterday at my local Weingartz. It was the SVL 75 with the 2 speed tranny. It was a very nice machine but it was too bad i couldnt dig a whole or something. The price was $47,000!! oh yeah it had a throttle pedal on the floor but you could also run it at full throttle all the time with the lever on the side. It had the self leveling bucket too, which is noce for loading trucks

Snooker182
04-05-2011, 10:25 PM
I got to spend some time on a 90, found it really smooth and well balanced. Was off-loading soaked pallets of sod from a tractor trailer in the yard. Best part i thought about the bota' was that the cab layout was probably big enough for my girlfriend to hop in with me and have some sexy time.
-Ben

ConstSvcs
04-05-2011, 11:43 PM
My local dealer finally has a SVL75 in stock with an enclosed factory cab. I had a chance to sit in it after hours since they left it unlocked. I have to say............the cab is VERY large!!! I was thinking of trading my 07 CT322 for the this model since Kubota has a great 0% program going. I will say that I CANNOT see the corners of the Kubota low profile bucket while seated with my back against the seat back............this is NOT a problem with the CT322. I do like Kubota's use of the bucket curl cylinder piston guards. The roll up door is great also. I understand the ease of sealing with the swing door on the new Deere but the roll up door convenience is hard to forget. I'm going to try to get a demo..........will keep you all updated.

ksss
04-06-2011, 12:28 AM
My local dealer finally has a SVL75 in stock with an enclosed factory cab. I had a chance to sit in it after hours since they left it unlocked. I have to say............the cab is VERY large!!! I was thinking of trading my 07 CT322 for the this model since Kubota has a great 0% program going. I will say that I CANNOT see the corners of the Kubota low profile bucket while seated with my back against the seat back............this is NOT a problem with the CT322. I do like Kubota's use of the bucket curl cylinder piston guards. The roll up door is great also. I understand the ease of sealing with the swing door on the new Deere but the roll up door convenience is hard to forget. I'm going to try to get a demo..........will keep you all updated.

I ran the 75 at the CASE proving grounds in AZ. I was not impressed with this machine. I stepped into it thinking it was really going to be something given how good Kubota's mini ex is, but it was major let down. The visibility to the bucket was not good but worse than that the cab is too wide to see the sides of the machine very easily. The machine had good breakout force but other than that I thought it was unimpressive in lift capacity and pushing power. The controls were not as precise as I thought they would be. The cab left a lot to be desired. I would not own one.

Ozz
04-06-2011, 12:51 AM
I'm gonna echo what KSSS said. No power, and the cab's too freaking wide. I couldn't see my cutting edge, which pissed me off. I though Kubota would do better after their tractors and excavators being to good.

AWJ Services
04-06-2011, 08:45 AM
They have several at the local dealer. I have not tested one yet but I hope to soon. I prefer the big cabs and seeing the bucket cutting edge is not a big deal since most of the time it's covered up with dirt.

It would be hard for me to think they got it perfect on there first try but it looks pretty good in my opinion.

Digdeep
04-06-2011, 09:12 AM
I'll echo the breakout opinion...it was plenty good, and the hose and electrical layout was well done. I'm not as concerned about my cutting edge either, but the issue for me was more to do with the bucket corners. I thought the cab was quite agricultural, kind of like my old ASV..functional, but lacking any refinement(would,t be a deal breaker for me though). Otherwise, performance was OK, but nothing special.
Posted via Mobile Device

swanny
04-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Friend of mine said local dealer told him they were having repair issues with them.

ConstSvcs
04-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

ksss
04-06-2011, 10:44 AM
I'll echo the breakout opinion...it was plenty good, and the hose and electrical layout was well done. I'm not as concerned about my cutting edge either, but the issue for me was more to do with the bucket corners. I thought the cab was quite agricultural, kind of like my old ASV..functional, but lacking any refinement(would,t be a deal breaker for me though). Otherwise, performance was OK, but nothing special.
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess for me the issue was mainly dissappointment. Looking at the machine in the magazines it looks sweet and given how well Kubota does other things, I was expecting a lot more.

Digdeep
04-06-2011, 11:06 AM
I guess for me the issue was mainly dissappointment. Looking at the machine in the magazines it looks sweet and given how well Kubota does other things, I was expecting a lot more.

Yeah, I guess I can see your point Shane. I was pretty jazzed up to see them too considering Kubota's position and reputation in the market place. Overall, I think they're just another of many vying for the middle of the pack.
Posted via Mobile Device

ConstSvcs
04-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Guess I'll keep my CT322 and by the new MP3 hearing protection. They can keep the swinging door setup! At least my 07 is paid for - which is a good thing in this economy.....
Posted via Mobile Device

KTM
04-06-2011, 11:39 AM
I have a friend that works at a Case and Kubota dealer, they just started to get them in about a month ago and there gone as soon as they come in. He said it's kind of screwing them on getting rid of there series 3 Case's. He said most are buying on Kubota's reputation and resale. Most buying are farmers, I did not no that farmers need a CTL?

ProTouch Groundscapes
04-06-2011, 11:47 AM
im a decent sized guy, 5'10" 220, and i find that im in the minority with cab size. i prefer the narrower cabs b/c it makes you feel part of the machine, especially a small skid type machine that is supposed to be nimble.

large cabs are for bigger equipment, but for this type, i personally prefer the small ones. my rc100 cab fits me perfectly and I was comfortable being in it for extended periods during snow removal this winter. plus it takes less time to heat it up too.

MOREDIRT
04-06-2011, 04:25 PM
I ran one at the expo in ky dug a big a** hole in the test area kubota guy was pissed. I really liked the machine it reminded me of a takeuchi it does have a big cab but the controls where very precise like the takeuchi. It had good power we run ct322s and I found it very comparable. When it comes time to trade it will be at the top of the list. It was a much better machine than the cat 259 they had there.

stuvecorp
04-07-2011, 02:40 AM
I have a friend that works at a Case and Kubota dealer, they just started to get them in about a month ago and there gone as soon as they come in. He said it's kind of screwing them on getting rid of there series 3 Case's. He said most are buying on Kubota's reputation and resale. Most buying are farmers, I did not no that farmers need a CTL?

I'm surprised people aren't taking the S3's, get them while you can. I've heard of some farmers having CTLs up here.

I haven't seen a Kubota yet but am surprised with all the delays they haven't hit a home run from the sounds?

im a decent sized guy, 5'10" 220, and i find that im in the minority with cab size. i prefer the narrower cabs b/c it makes you feel part of the machine, especially a small skid type machine that is supposed to be nimble.

large cabs are for bigger equipment, but for this type, i personally prefer the small ones. my rc100 cab fits me perfectly and I was comfortable being in it for extended periods during snow removal this winter. plus it takes less time to heat it up too.

I am alarmed at the 'mongo cab' trend. What is the need to have a two seat cab for? It seems to be everywhere now? I like my S3 cab.

Digdeep
04-07-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm surprised people aren't taking the S3's, get them while you can. I've heard of some farmers having CTLs up here.

I haven't seen a Kubota yet but am surprised with all the delays they haven't hit a home run from the sounds?

I am alarmed at the 'mongo cab' trend. What is the need to have a two seat cab for? It seems to be everywhere now? I like my S3 cab.

Sounds like you're sitting in a 55gal drum.
Posted via Mobile Device

stuvecorp
04-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Sounds like you're sitting in a 55gal drum.
Posted via Mobile Device

But it's a sexy awesome 55g drum. :)

But seriously, Case(and NH) is hyping a new bigger cab, JCB in their advertisements, look at the Kubota? Dosen't it seem like it is the 'in' thing now?

ConstSvcs
04-08-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm so used to the "mothers womb" feel of my CT322 that I've having a hard time with the excavator style cab machines.

I also like the 7' height clearance of my "Tommy Tank" CT322 :dancing:

USA1
06-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Friend of mine said local dealer told him they were having repair issues with them.

Does anyone know if Kubota is having any issues? I have been looking at them. I usually stay away from first year models. I like someone else to find the bugs in them. Has anyone else had any seat time or experience with them?

4 seasons lawn&land
06-13-2011, 11:16 PM
I see 1 around town working so far. Dont know anything about it but it sure is pretty.

Sam_French
06-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Had a chance to set in a 75. At the lot in Franklin TN. The salesman said you can unbolt the planetary and the machine can freewheel. I liked the cab. All I can say is demo one for yourself. All in all I liked how the machine is put together. When I get another machine I WILL demo one;)

Sam

tbi
06-16-2011, 01:35 PM
I ran one around a yard a bit. They track nice..........

swanny
06-21-2011, 07:34 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Kubota-svl-75-skid-steer-loader-90-hrs-tracks-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27bbec3d81QQitemZ170656546177QQptZOtherQ5fVehiclesQ5fEverythingQ5fElse

I'm pretty sure the dealer only wanted $34k for the 75 model new.

shooterm
06-21-2011, 06:11 PM
We've been renting a 75 for the last few months and I finally got it on our crew for the last few weeks. Got to run it on a force main break in the woods on a wicked hillside. It tracked up and down the slope running pipe and bedding in a downpour. Traction seemed to be a strong point. Also got to backfill with it and felt it had plenty of power for a CTL. The bucket arms also seem to farther out so I have a tough time seeing the bucket edge but easier time watching the back of the bucket if using it like a box blade. Issues I've had is goofy things like the defrost only worked on the front window. The window/door is giving me fits and is just to steep a learning curve for my dumb arse. Seems like a decent CTL better then the NHs we run. Still think all the newer compact equipment is to light duty for construction though.

711SnoPro
06-21-2011, 11:37 PM
They look like they will be a great machine! yes there is a difference between how it looks and how it actually performs but I can't see kubota putting out a POS. Friend of mine is getting rid of his 190 NH in March when the lease is up and getting a SVL 90 so we will see then. The dealer up here that has them has just started getting them in and most have sold before they hit the lot!

shooterm
07-13-2011, 03:12 AM
Still using it and its growing on me. The one we have though doesnt have the vents in the right location so defrost is still a problem. Talking morning rain in high temps I cant see out of anything but 75% of the front window. Also I was wrong about being able to see the back of the bucket. They put a large shield around the hoses on the arm and it clutters a otherwise great dirt bucket. Still pretty nice rig but still wondering if it will age well. Ran a two year old 908 loader the other day that the electronic controls are already causing problems. Good middle of the road CTL.