PDA

View Full Version : Imprelis in compost?

JFGLN
04-06-2011, 12:03 AM
I have read that Imprelis states this on the label. Is this true?

"Do not use grass clippings from treated areas for mulching or compost, or allow for collection to composting facilities. Grass clippings must either be left on the treated area, or, if allowed by local yard waste regulations, disposed of in the trash. Applicators must give verbal or written notice to property owner/property manager/residents to not use grass clippings from treated turf for mulch or compost."

phasthound
04-06-2011, 06:42 AM
I have read that Imprelis states this on the label. Is this true?

"Do not use grass clippings from treated areas for mulching or compost, or allow for collection to composting facilities. Grass clippings must either be left on the treated area, or, if allowed by local yard waste regulations, disposed of in the trash. Applicators must give verbal or written notice to property owner/property manager/residents to not use grass clippings from treated turf for mulch or compost."

Here is the label http://www2.dupont.com/Professional_Products/en_US/assets/downloads/pdfs/H65709.pdf

jonthepain
04-06-2011, 07:59 AM
that's the acelepryn label.

and yes, that's what it says about composting on the imprelis label.

here's the link to imprelis:
http://www2.dupont.com/Professional_Products/en_US/assets/downloads/pdfs/H65717.pdf

OrganicsMaine
04-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Sure beats having a healthy and thick lawn control its own weed population!

dishboy
04-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Sure beats having a healthy and thick lawn control its own weed population!

What?..................

OrganicsMaine
04-06-2011, 09:16 AM
:waving::waving::waving::waving:Sarcasm:waving::waving::waving::waving:

dishboy
04-06-2011, 09:47 AM
:waving::waving::waving::waving:Sarcasm:waving::waving::waving::waving:

I see that but it's a insecticide , not a herbicide.

JFGLN
04-06-2011, 10:24 AM
that's the acelepryn label.

and yes, that's what it says about composting on the imprelis label.

here's the link to imprelis:
http://www2.dupont.com/Professional_Products/en_US/assets/downloads/pdfs/H65717.pdf

Ok so I read the label. I don't see how you could use Imprelis around here if you follow all of the directions. Almost everybody composts their grass clippings in this area.

OrganicsMaine
04-06-2011, 11:21 AM
I see that but it's a insecticide , not a herbicide.

From what I just read on the lable, Imprelis is a broad leaf weed control. Am I getting the links confused any one?

starry night
04-06-2011, 11:50 AM
From what I just read on the lable, Imprelis is a broad leaf weed control. Am I getting the links confused any one?

The problem came in when Barry accidentally posted a link to the Acelypryn label.

phasthound
04-06-2011, 04:39 PM
The problem came in when Barry accidentally posted a link to the Acelypryn label.

Sure, blame it on the guy with a splint on his wrist and can't hit the correct link. :o

starry night
04-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Sure, blame it on the guy with a splint on his wrist and can't hit the correct link. :o

I thought it was supposed to be safer in the office than in the field. :)

OrganicsMaine
04-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Better you than me Barry!:)

phasthound
04-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Better you than me Barry!:)

No, this is a good thing. Planned surgery to correct an arthritic thumb!
The other one will be done later this year.

But I do wish they'd find some microbes to fend off arthritis. :)

ICT Bill
04-07-2011, 07:16 PM
No, this is a good thing. Planned surgery to correct an arthritic thumb!
The other one will be done later this year.

But I do wish they'd find some microbes to fend off arthritis. :)

they are already there you just got them all drunk with red wine and margaritas they are just on vacation, speaking of which a tall glass of ice with some vodka is in my immediate future
:drinkup:

phasthound
04-07-2011, 08:38 PM
they are already there you just got them all drunk with red wine and margaritas they are just on vacation, speaking of which a tall glass of ice with some vodka is in my immediate future
:drinkup:

I'm all about microbes, that's why I drink beer. :)

JDUtah
04-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Many a commonly used pesticide state the same thing... I don't know why people are flipping out about this one...