PDA

View Full Version : Spreader Transport?

MOW ED
03-31-2000, 07:40 AM
How do you secure your spreader in the bed of your truck or on the trailer? What dorducts are available to mount the spreader during transport?<br>I have a Prizelawn bigfoot and a Duraliner bedliner in my truck I'm looking for a solution other than emptying the spreader after every job.

GroundKprs
03-31-2000, 06:01 PM
It's better to empty it between jobs, unless you are just fertilizing closely spaced sites. As a salt, fertilizer will absorb moisture, especially on a humid day. Our spreaders are emptied and covered after each job. Even the dust left in the spreader can absorb moisture from the air and gum up the flow. If you always have dry air, you're lucky. Last July I could only do 7-8 apps a day before spreader had to be washed out.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana

ant
03-31-2000, 08:14 PM
I BUILT A RACK OUT OF 1+2 METAL TUBEING THAT FITS IN MY RECIEVER HITCH

lawnnut
04-01-2000, 08:20 AM
My bed liner has cross area for 2 x 4's<br>I use these to hold sprayers ETC with<br>bunge chords<br>

steven Bousquet
04-01-2000, 09:43 PM
lesco has a spreader holder that fits into the receiver hitch.

steveair
04-01-2000, 09:47 PM
I think Jungle Jims has brackets you can buy that attach to the inside of the trailer and lock one wheel in place. At least I know they have these for push mowers. I'm sure it would be easy to fabricate something like this also.

Lazer
04-01-2000, 10:48 PM
I thought I replied to this thread before. Gremlins must have ate it.<p>I think you want to have your spreader outside your truck bed securely mounted. <br>That way you don't have to empty it, you're not lifting it as high and it give you more room in your truck.<br>

NeilG
04-08-2000, 05:46 PM
I had a rack built that fits into a receiver hitch. I found this necessary since I bought the hydro unit from Lesco, and was too heavy to lift. The rack has a side that lets down for removal. Works well, just have to remember that you have an extra 3 feet behind<br>you and beware of going in and out of drives, as it will drag.

ant
04-09-2000, 11:39 AM
neil tell me more about youe spreadre mount<br>that holds your lesco hydro spreader.<br>

NeilG
04-09-2000, 03:07 PM
Anthony, it is a simple fabricated hitch mounted rack. Made of angle and heavy gauge wire mesh. Right side is hinged so that when you let it down the spreader simply rolls off and then drive it back on when finished. It installs into the receiver end of a class 3 hitch. Had mine made by Graham in Douglasville, Ga. But I would think that any trailer mfg. could do the same, or someone with welding equipment. Any additional questions, just let me know.

Lazer
04-09-2000, 08:46 PM
There are a number of places that build racks for the Lesco Hydro as well.<p>I think the trimmer trap co. builds a 4 wheel kit for the Lesco power unit. Mine has a shop built 4 wheel setup.<p>Do you spray with yours as well? I attached a $350.00 herbicide sprayer that allows me to fertilize and spray weeds at the same time with the same machine.

ant
04-09-2000, 09:55 PM
lazer when you talked about a forth wheel does the unit come with a forth wheel or did you add one on to it....

jaclawn
10-31-2000, 09:38 AM
Could any of you possibly post a pic of your spreader caddys? That is a winter project that I have planned.

Hamons
05-05-2003, 06:04 PM
http://www.reallyinnovations.com/spreader3.jpg

I've been looking for one of these and finally found one on the web. I thought I might be able to save somebody some searching if they were looking for one. They seem to be a cool company. I called and talked to Jim. The attachment for Lesco Commercial Push Spreader it was $99.00

I'm not sold on it yet -- but it looks like an interesting solution!

[URL=Really Innovationshttp://www.reallyinnovations.com/[/URL]

1grnlwn
05-06-2003, 01:04 AM
Here is mine.

DBLC
05-06-2003, 01:01 PM
I have an earthway with separate feet. anyone have a pic of one like mine? Thanks!