PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Renewel

peapod1125
04-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Hey all,

I am bidding this job. I have to remove all the shrubs and trees you see in the pictures. I then need to plant some different types of smaller trees and shrubs. Its more of a renewel to give the place a better look. I was thinking maybe dogwood or something. I have a few ideas. I then have to mulch or stone the area. My question is what do you all charge to remove trees and stumps and planting new. Price of tree not included, as I know that varies. I know how to estimate mulch and stone. I am just looking for some estimate options and tree and shrub ideas. I live in western Pa.

The trees can not get to big to fast. Thanks in advance

jhouchins
04-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I would go with something evergreen. Emerald Green (thuja Arborvitae) is a good one that doesn't get real big. Grows about 6''-1' a year. Max out arounf 10-14'. Very narrow growers.

Those yews will come out pretty easy. Those trees however look nice and healthy and won't come out to easy without a big machine. It really depends on your method of removal. If you are just using a shovel, hatchet, ect.. (hand tools) Then I wouldn't sell yourself short on this one.

Good luck

greenstar lawn
04-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Those trees however look nice and healthy and won't come out to easy without a big machine. It really depends on your method of removal. If you are just using a shovel, hatchet, ect.. (hand tools) Then I wouldn't sell yourself short on this one.

Good luck

Why would you need hand tools? Hook them up to your truck and yank them suckers out.

jhouchins
04-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Those aren't gonna just pull right out of there with a normal size pick up. You will have to do a little digging to them and loosen them a little. They look pretty established.