PDA

View Full Version : It rained on my dimension!!

JasonPC
04-07-2000, 05:49 AM
Hi, guys. Well, I put out the fert with dimension yesterday. There was no rain in the forecast, but it ended up raining for about 2 hours after I put on my fert with dimension. Do you think I need to do it again? I'm so pissed. This stuff's not cheap! And neither is my time.

GroundKprs
04-07-2000, 02:39 PM
Jason, why ask the same question in two forums? Is it just to make sure everyone knows that you don't read the label? If you keep shouting wolf all over, pretty soon noone will hear you.

JasonPC
04-08-2000, 07:26 AM
Because no one hardly responds to this forum. Some of you guys really have are classless here, huh. You must be the type wearing dickies and dirty shirts to work. <p>I get fert from a supplier in upstate NY that's independent. There is NO MENTION of raining and dimension. Capisce??

lawrence stone
04-08-2000, 07:54 AM
Jason PC wrote:<p>&gt; Some of you guys really have are classless here, huh. You must be the type wearing dickies and dirty shirts to work. <p>Jason here is a book you forgot to read while you were in college of eight years and<br>now mow lawns for a living:<p>This grandfather of all people-skills books was first published in 1937. It was an overnight hit, eventually selling 15 million copies. How to Win Friends and Influence People is just as useful today as it was when it was first published, because Dale Carnegie had an understanding of human nature that will never be outdated. Financial success, Carnegie believed, is due 15 percent to professional knowledge and 85 percent to &quot;the ability to express ideas, to assume leadership, and to arouse enthusiasm among people.&quot; He teaches these skills through underlying principles of dealing with people so that they feel important and appreciated. He also emphasizes fundamental techniques for handling people without making them feel manipulated. Carnegie says you can make someone want to do what you want them to by seeing the situation from the other person's point of view and &quot;arousing in the other person an eager want.&quot; You learn how to make people like you, win people over to your way of thinking, and change people without causing offense or arousing resentment. For instance, &quot;let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers,&quot; and &quot;talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.&quot; Carnegie illustrates his points with anecdotes of historical figures, leaders of the business world, and everyday folks. <p><br>

JasonPC
04-08-2000, 08:07 AM
That was well plagiarized, Mr. Stone. You type well. Where did I read that??? Hmmmm

richard
04-08-2000, 09:52 PM
most people who ask about the experiences of others should atleast have the respect for the fact that they have been where you may be going...oh- yea! read the label dummy

SLSNursery
04-09-2000, 09:54 AM
Everyday I have to answer that question and also, the next common one: &quot;Does the grass need to be wet when I spread Pendimethalin or TeamPRO?&quot;. Often times I read the label aloud with my audience, in order to establish the rules of engagment into the pesticide application business (legal or not - since I do not have to police the industry, I sell non-restricted products to whomever will buy them). If I find that the label is incomplete, as yours evidently was, I produce a complete label for them, from the manufacturer, or the Internet sources. Therefore, no-one leaves un-educated. I have been very successful with this sort of approach, even competing against the chain stores. MOST (not all) people will do what you tell, or show them. If your supplier did not, perhaps you should encourage them to provide you with this type of information with each new product they supply to you. We also give licensing classes, and open houses during the year to help inform our customers so they can make educated decisions about their pesticide use. In addition, we give adult education classes at our shop to extend our services to the private community - this helps sales too!<p>----------<br>Phil Grande - Soundview Landscape Supply - http://members.aol.com/slsnursery<br>Ivy League Landscaping - http://members.aol.com/scagrider

bare spot
03-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Jason PC wrote:<p>&gt; Some of you guys really have are classless here, huh. You must be the type wearing dickies and dirty shirts to work. <p>Jason here is a book you forgot to read while you were in college of eight years and<br>now mow lawns for a living:<p>This grandfather of all people-skills books was first published in 1937. It was an overnight hit, eventually selling 15 million copies. How to Win Friends and Influence People is just as useful today as it was when it was first published, because Dale Carnegie had an understanding of human nature that will never be outdated. Financial success, Carnegie believed, is due 15 percent to professional knowledge and 85 percent to &quot;the ability to express ideas, to assume leadership, and to arouse enthusiasm among people.&quot; He teaches these skills through underlying principles of dealing with people so that they feel important and appreciated. He also emphasizes fundamental techniques for handling people without making them feel manipulated. Carnegie says you can make someone want to do what you want them to by seeing the situation from the other person's point of view and &quot;arousing in the other person an eager want.&quot; You learn how to make people like you, win people over to your way of thinking, and change people without causing offense or arousing resentment. For instance, &quot;let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers,&quot; and &quot;talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.&quot; Carnegie illustrates his points with anecdotes of historical figures, leaders of the business world, and everyday folks. <p><br>

sounds like a good book.

phasthound
03-31-2010, 11:08 PM
sounds like a good book.

Better yet, take the class. Dale Carnegie's principles are a model in how people can successfully form honest and mutually beneficial relationships.

http://www.dalecarnegie.com/

SeedPro
03-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi, guys. Well, I put out the fert with dimension yesterday. There was no rain in the forecast, but it ended up raining for about 2 hours after I put on my fert with dimension. Do you think I need to do it again? I'm so pissed. This stuff's not cheap! And neither is my time.

How did you ever get a license with all due respect.

have you ever done this before today?

ted putnam
03-31-2010, 11:34 PM
It really just depends on how much you "dumped in the tank". That's the other "million dollar" question..".How much do I dump in the tank?" :laugh::laugh: If I don't get some "Dickies" going in the laundry, I won't have any pants to wear tomorrow...

bare spot
03-31-2010, 11:40 PM
Better yet, take the class. Dale Carnegie's principles are a model in how people can successfully form honest and mutually beneficial relationships.

was just checking out the book but gotta look into the class. on the book, find myself doing some of the things he mentioned and not even knowing it, good thing.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
04-01-2010, 12:04 AM
WOW! The original post was from 10 years ago!!!:dizzy:

bare spot
04-01-2010, 12:09 AM
went back in the lawnsite time capsule.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
04-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Whoever pulled this thing up needs to put it back, its so old.

ted putnam
04-01-2010, 08:31 AM
I didn't even look. Should have known...Nobody says "Capisce" anymore. :laugh:

JDUtah
04-01-2010, 01:55 PM

Barry knew me on this forum before I read the book. And he knows me now.

Any changes? :laugh:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
04-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Question - why did Lawrence get banned?

ted putnam
04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
I'll bet he's Frank Fescue...:laugh:

Young Bros
04-01-2010, 05:56 PM

It helped your application of fert and dim. If you did weed control may not work.

ted putnam
04-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Barry knew me on this forum before I read the book. And he knows me now.

Any changes? :laugh:

You're a helluva lot easier to tolerate now that you read that book and found your "mojo". JK...couldn't resist

morturf
04-02-2010, 12:56 AM
As for why larry got banned.....he was not nice very often.....but a hoot to read....search his posts....funny stuff