PDA

View Full Version : Need price on falling a tree

slong1958
04-08-2011, 09:03 AM
I need some help on pricing a job where I cut down and hauled off a large maple tree.The tree was damaged by weather and the top had blew out about 20ft but did't fall to the ground it got hung up about 10ft off the ground.The tree was about 40 to 50 ft tall and around 2ft across at the base.The tree was out in the open.It took 2 people 3hrs plus haul off.We got it all on a 16ft trailer and it was a big load.

Thanks for any info.

grassman88
04-08-2011, 03:12 PM
im not sure but tree work is expencive ive hear of trees that big with a price of 800 to remove. i probly would charge $10 per foot not including haulung off the tree thats extra

dougaustreim
04-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Since the job is already done, it should be easy to calculate your costs then add overhead and profit.

XLS
04-08-2011, 04:53 PM
here depending on the location from the offices we get between $125.00 per man hour to $225.00 per man hour for the total job including haul off depending o nthe work involved .......this is with a investment of 2 chainsaws climbing rig ,plastic wedges and a 16' trailer no dump.....the truck is included in other aspects of service

McFarland_Lawn_Care
04-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Depends on your costs and how you had to dispose of it. Here I can cut it into firewood if the tree is good wood and sell it in the fall. I'd put it somewhere between $500-$750.....got pics of it?? =D

Coastal Lawn Maintenance
04-08-2011, 10:35 PM
You did the job but yet you havent priced it out:confused: so what if they dont like your price you going to put the tree back up.

Get Some...
04-08-2011, 10:49 PM
You did the job but yet you havent priced it out:confused: so what if they dont like your price you going to put the tree back up.

Now that's some funny stuff.....:hammerhead:

slong1958
04-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Thanks to the guys that answered my question the right way, but the one that asks a smart a** question - I took the whole tree down as one piece. Just in case they didn't like the job, I could put it back up.Ha Ha Just for the smart guy this is a commercial account no question asked just get it down.I'm trying to get them a fair price I'm not looking to screw anybody.

godzilla
04-09-2011, 10:48 PM
here depending on the location from the offices we get between $125.00 per man hour to $225.00 per man hour for the total job including haul off depending o nthe work involved .......this is with a investment of 2 chainsaws climbing rig ,plastic wedges and a 16' trailer no dump.....the truck is included in other aspects of service

I want to move to your local! If I get $250 per man hour it's to simply get a tree on the ground and that's it... and I will FLY through it. Wish I could get that kind of money with just 2 saws and a 16' trailer.

lazyike
04-10-2011, 12:44 AM
600.00 without the stump 675.00 with stump. I charge by the tree not by what equipment I have. I have charged 1000.00 for one cut no cleanup. Again by the tree not by my equipment.

XLS
04-10-2011, 12:05 PM
we do alot of "just cut it downs " and a small pear treeor large crepe myrtle runs $125.00 for one man to run out there with a saw, hammer, and wedges(or 100' of rope and shackle ) and in 15 minutes will be on his way back ,but he would cut it down and limb the trunk to help the home owner on the cleanup. and our largest tree to fall was 48'' diameter white oak and it took a guy 3 hours to ground it in 4 sections while CLIMBING ran $2500.00 . we work off estimate of tree too but we average our pricesas previously posted above for our regular clients.

XLS
04-10-2011, 12:11 PM
godzilla we work with a few local service companies depending on where in the state they are needed for the bigger jobs or topping jobs where being in a harness for so long would suck . most of the tree companies with more overhead charge less then us on the big jobs but they wont touch the one tree type jobs we like. also the bucket truck companies also skimp on the clean ups after they chip the debris........most will only use a leaf rake and scratch the small debris and say done . we will use our walker mowers to make it "Mow Ready " and alot of times the home owner wants that over the regular clean up

PROCUT1
04-10-2011, 12:17 PM
I didnt think people paid for tree work anymore.

Last time I tried to get into it when i had my bucket truck, more often than not the customer was asking how much I WOULD PAY THEM to take the tree down, since I could have the wood.

They were shocked that I was going to charge them.

Then I looked on craigslist and saw the 100 ads of "take down any tree for the wood"

FYS777
04-10-2011, 12:19 PM
I need some help on pricing a job where I cut down and hauled off a large maple tree.The tree was damaged by weather and the top had blew out about 20ft but did't fall to the ground it got hung up about 10ft off the ground.The tree was about 40 to 50 ft tall and around 2ft across at the base.The tree was out in the open.It took 2 people 3hrs plus haul off.We got it all on a 16ft trailer and it was a big load.

Thanks for any info.

in my area, for a tree service, it would have run between, 375 to 500, and they chip it and use the chips for other stuff. or haul it away. depends on which company u use.

B Rad
04-10-2011, 05:28 PM
This should be VERY easy. You SHOULD know your cost of doing business. Take that number break it down to a man hour with profit built in and charge according to the man hours you had on the job. Then add in any additional fees for dumping or hauling. The beauty of this job was that you didn't have to bid it. No guess work. I hate the saying but, "It is what it is".

bmoorefield
04-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Sounds like a good job to have, and I agree with B Rad. Be sure to be aware of your state laws and regulations. I know in Maryland you can’t legally take down a tree that is taller then 20 feet without a tree expert license. I’m not telling you that you should or shouldn’t do the job, but just be aware.