PDA

View Full Version : '03 Chevy 2500 & '09 GMC Sierra+ Boss Plow

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Well i have both on ebay right now so Feel free to Check them Out!
PM Me Or Post Questions!

Gmc Sierra 2009 25k miles With Boss plow
No Problems! Come see these trucks!
TAKEN CARE OF!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200595846361&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_1399wt_961
http://gifup.com/data/gifs/7/a/7/7a7729f36e.gif
Click To see The truck's Ad on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200595846361&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_1399wt_961)

-------------------------------------------------------------

2003 Chevy 2500HD
White, Crew Cab, Gas, Allison Trans, Cap is removable!
113k Miles
Looking to get $10,500k Price is Pretty Firm..But will Take offers
Never plowed with!
-------------------------------------------------------------

http://gifup.com/data/gifs/8/2/3/823426e530.gif
Click to see the trucks ad on Ebay! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200595846361&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_1399wt_961)

gob71
04-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Just wanted to make sure of something, does the 03 have the 6.0 or 8.1 gas? From the pics it shows a 6.0 which was never offered with the Allison tranny, only the 4L80E...also what rear gear ratio does it have?

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Has a 6.0 Positive it has an Allison Trans.
Also I cant remember the Gear ratio But its pretty big! Lol If that help any...

gob71
04-08-2011, 10:08 PM
I am interested if you can find out if the gear ratio is and actually have the Allison trans.

Did you guys some how modify an Allison and have it installed? Once again, the 6.0 was NEVER offered with an Allison behind it in this model from the factory. So....did yall install a custom job or are you just not sure? Does it have a M74 or MT1 RPO code on the label/sticker in the glove box?

I am not trying to bash anything you have said, I am just curious as to if you really have that combo since it was never offered in a stock form, and would be a nice combo to have. Does the tranny have a spin on filter?

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-08-2011, 10:17 PM
I am interested if you can find out if the gear ratio is and actually have the Allison trans.

Did you guys some how modify an Allison and have it installed? Once again, the 6.0 was NEVER offered with an Allison behind it in this model from the factory. So....did yall install a custom job or are you just not sure? Does it have a M74 or MT1 RPO code on the label/sticker in the glove box?

I am not trying to bash anything you have said, I am just curious as to if you really have that combo since it was never offered in a stock form, and would be a nice combo to have. Does the tranny have a spin on filter?
Ok give me a minute ok the "M74 thing..."
Also this truck was bought as a gm pep vehicle. From a GM engineer. So it has everything I stated above... Let me check that Label
Posted via Mobile Device

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Has a MT1 code. What does that mean?
Posted via Mobile Device

gob71
04-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Has a MT1 code. What does that mean?
Posted via Mobile Device

It means it has a 4L80E and not an Allison, another way to check no spin on filter on tranny = not Allison

Still a good price on the though.

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-08-2011, 10:37 PM
I'm on my iPhone can't see where your from but come see it! Has an Allison!
Posted via Mobile Device

gob71
04-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm on my iPhone can't see where your from but come see it! Has an Allison!
Posted via Mobile Device

So the trans has a spin on tranny filter by the trans pan?

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-08-2011, 10:43 PM
No spin filter on the trans...
Posted via Mobile Device

gob71
04-08-2011, 10:55 PM
No spin filter on the trans...
Posted via Mobile Device

Look, I don't know how else to explain this then. The reason why I was very interested is because it would have to be a custom job and a GREAT DEAL, hence the reason I asked hoping it was.

1. 6.0's never came with the Allison as a tranny option, only 8.1 and Duramax did

2. MT1= 4L80E trans from factory, Allison = M74, You have MT1=not Allison. I doubt GM built a one off 6.0 with an Allison and then forget to put the right RPO code

3- ALL Allison 1000 series trannys on 2500HD's have a spin on filter....no built any other way...no spin on filter= not Allison. Its not a coincidence that the 4L80E/MT1 option does not.

If you didn't know before thats one thing, but now you do. Don't advertise it to people with having one when it doesn't. I was hoping it was a custom job and this would be a great thing, but its not. You don't have an Allison. I am not trying to bash the truck, its still a good deal, but its misleading to sell it under than presumption to someone. Thats a big plus and alot of appeal on a truck like that.

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Look, I don't know how else to explain this then. The reason why I was very interested is because it would have to be a custom job and a GREAT DEAL, hence the reason I asked hoping it was.

1. 6.0's never came with the Allison as a tranny option, only 8.1 and Duramax did

2. MT1= 4L80E trans from factory, Allison = M74, You have MT1=not Allison. I doubt GM built a one off 6.0 with an Allison and then forget to put the right RPO code

3- ALL Allison 1000 series trannys on 2500HD's have a spin on filter....no built any other way...no spin on filter= not Allison. Its not a coincidence that the 4L80E/MT1 option does not.

If you didn't know before thats one thing, but now you do. Don't advertise it to people with having one when it doesn't. I was hoping it was a custom job and this would be a great thing, but its not. You don't have an Allison. I am not trying to bash the truck, its still a good deal, but its misleading to sell it under than presumption to someone. Thats a big plus and alot of appeal on a truck like that.

How are you going to tell me it doesnt have a Allison Trans?
i'm telling you this was a truck ONLY someone who worked at GM could Order! Thats why you dont see them! Honestly This truck has had no major Front end problems Therefore im not as Families With this Truck Compared to my Older Vehicles Like the Volvo s60 Sitting next to this truck in the picture! I've done alot of work on that car...Not NEARLY as much on this truck! I will take extensive look at it Tomorrow!

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Hey GOB71 Not trying to say either of us are wrong but i did go online and did some research.
Here is the site http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=116433

Same topic we are talking about...One user says: ScottieBoy:: My boss said his dad custom ordered a 2003 2500 with a 6.0 and Allison trans back in 2002. It wasn't a widely known option, but it was apparently available with a 6.0.

gob71
04-08-2011, 11:52 PM
How are you going to tell me it doesnt have a Allison Trans?
i'm telling you this was a truck ONLY someone who worked at GM could Order! Thats why you dont see them! Honestly This truck has had no major Front end problems Therefore im not as Families With this Truck Compared to my Older Vehicles Like the Volvo s60 Sitting next to this truck in the picture! I've done alot of work on that car...Not NEARLY as much on this truck! I will take extensive look at it Tomorrow!

I am going to tell you as someone who buys 1-2 of these a month and has worked on many over the years and knows them inside and out. I am going to tell you because from what YOU answered, YOU have told its not an Allison. MT1= Not Allison, No spin on Filter= Not Allison. You don't see them cause they DONT make them. Even if the guy special ordered it like you think he did, it would at MINIMUM, have those 2. You really think someone who works at GM was able to not only special order a 6.0 with the Allison that would require special programming, but to also have Allison SPECIALLY MAKE them one without the provisions of a spin on filter? DO you really think this engineer had the tout to have it specially made for him, but not enough pull to have a .25 cent RPO code sticker printed correctly to reflect his 1 of a kind truck. That sticker is printed out after the engine/tranny and most of the truck, including the interior, is built to reflect what the truck is equipped with. If you call your local GM dealer and give him your VIN, he is going to say the same, you have a 4L80E

How would you feel if you were to purchase something like a mower here or make arrangements to do so, really be interested as it was stated, take time to travel there and get it, only to find out something as major as that was WRONG. Its not right to do that to someone. I was really interested hoping it was a custom job that would be a great deal and truck, but its not. I realize you did not know this at first, but now you do. I gave you 3, THREE definitive reasons why it is not what you advertise it as. IF you can't see this fine, so if anything maybe this serves as a warning to someone else, this truck does not have a Allison tranny as you state. Doesn't make it a bad truck, the 4L80E is a good tranny, but its not what you claim.

gob71
04-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Hey GOB71 Not trying to say either of us are wrong but i did go online and did some research.
Here is the site http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=116433

Same topic we are talking about...One user says: ScottieBoy:: My boss said his dad custom ordered a 2003 2500 with a 6.0 and Allison trans back in 2002. It wasn't a widely known option, but it was apparently available with a 6.0.

Thats some definitive proof there, notice everyone else telling him he is wrong.

How about my cousin's dogwalker's uncle said he ordered a 03 2500HD with a 7.3 ford Navistar, wasn't widely know option but he said he has it.

At the end of the day, you got to look at the info in front of you. Even if he was able to order such a thing, it would have the M74 code and spin on filter. You can specially order different gear ratio's,trim option,etc and the proper code will be listed there reflecting that. So what reason would it not only have the proper code for the tranny that it WOULD come with normally , but why would it not properly list the " special" ordered Allison code instead like it would for all other options when they are specially ordered? Also why would it not have the tell tell spin in filter, the only way the 1000 series Allison's came from GM. How do you explain those other than some GM engineer telling you he got it with it, you sure that guy just wasn't a really good salesman?

cuttin-to-the-Max
04-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Thats some definitive proof there, notice everyone else telling him he is wrong.

How about my cousin's dogwalker's uncle said he ordered a 03 2500HD with a 7.3 ford Navistar, wasn't widely know option but he said he has it.

At the end of the day, you got to look at the info in front of you. Even if he was able to order such a thing, it would have the M74 code and spin on filter. You can specially order different gear ratio's,trim option,etc and the proper code will be listed there reflecting that. So what reason would it not only have the proper code for the tranny that it WOULD come with normally , but why would it not properly list the " special" ordered Allison code instead like it would for all other options when they are specially ordered? Also why would it not have the tell tell spin in filter, the only way the 1000 series Allison's came from GM. How do you explain those other than some GM engineer telling you he got it with it, you sure that guy just wasn't a really good salesman?

okay........

rcslawncare
04-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Take a picture of the trans pan, it will clearly have "Allison" stamped in it....