PDA

View Full Version : Lawn application test

RYAN
03-28-2000, 09:25 AM
I am getting ready to take the test to apply lawn chemicals. Does anyone out there have any reading they would suggest to help me study. I went to the library but didn't find much. All suggestions welcome.<p>Great website!<br>

GroundKprs
03-28-2000, 09:54 AM
In IN, you get a study packet when you sign up for the program. If you know what they give out, you can pass the test. Check with licensing authority in your state about this.<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana

Dennis
03-30-2000, 08:10 PM
RYAN<br>I just took the app. test in Ga., get your states study manuels and read several times.<br>the core test was easy to me ,but the sub cat<br>T&O was hard,I think I blew it this time,will retest if I have to.<br>Good Luck.

MOW ED
04-02-2000, 06:23 AM
Wisconsin has a 275 page manual for Turf and Landscape commercial pesticide applicators. The U of WI Ag Extension publishes it and it is very helpful. You can study by any combination of the book, a video and/or attend the 6 hour pre test training course which I just did. It is a good program. You have to read no matter what. Cost of book, course and test = $45.00 then after you pass its license for $50.00. Certs good for 5 years, licence for 1. Good Luck.

dbroome
04-04-2000, 09:15 PM
hey dennis, i am from Ga and am going to take the test @ the end of this month. What types of questions are there. Specific (pest id? suggested pesticide app.?) thanks