PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Solutions 21" Walk Behind pics

aeration
04-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Single pass aeration and example cores.

aeration
04-10-2011, 11:18 PM
technical difficulties with pics. I'll keep trying.

aeration
04-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Here are the pics. Single pass and closeup of cores from the LS 21" walk behind.

fatboynormmie
04-11-2011, 02:01 AM
Nice plugs .Ran mine this week and never got that kind of results.Are you running the full weight kit or just the single.Most of my plugs are about half that size.Different soils reap different results.

aeration
04-11-2011, 02:15 AM
I was running the additional weight kit. Three weights on top and one in the front. You are correct about the soil. The more clay (like in the pic), the better the core will stay intact. I aerated a lawn with softer soil earlier and didn't get quite the same results. The holes, however, were still as deep telling me the cores were breaking upon pulling from the ground. Overall same result. The longer cores just look better for a customer.

grass4gas
04-11-2011, 06:53 AM
I was running the additional weight kit. Three weights on top and one in the front. You are correct about the soil. The more clay (like in the pic), the better the core will stay intact. I aerated a lawn with softer soil earlier and didn't get quite the same results. The holes, however, were still as deep telling me the cores were breaking upon pulling from the ground. Overall same result. The longer cores just look better for a customer.

How does the machine handle with the full weight kit? Harder to handle? How about going up a ramp into a trailer? Any easier?

I just have the 2 weights on mine, and it is a little difficult going up the ramp unless I lift up on the handles with the single hydro. It also wants to slide going down hill because of no weight in the front.

Do you have the single or dual hydro?

BTW, nice job there. I have the same type soil as you since I'm about 75 miles north of you.

lawn king
04-13-2011, 08:54 AM
I get the same good results here in new england soils with my 21". I have the front weight but i dont like the way the machine handles with it attached. I do run two rear weights.