PDA

View Full Version : how much should i charge?

slingingrass
04-11-2011, 07:42 PM
I am going to be doing my first landscaping job shortly and I need to have an estimate. I am removing some old plants, trimming the ones that are staying and mulching. I was told that laber price should be 1.5 to 2 times the price of supplies. Is this around the ballpark of the going price of labor or is it not enough or is it too much?
Posted via Mobile Device

mike174
04-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Try to estimate how long it will take x what you need per hour + material costs + disposal/dump fees = your estimate. There is no "magic" number....all numbers are job specific. A lot of people just double costs as a rule of thumb, but it's not the best estimate guide. Also, people tend to under estimate time...that you can multiply by 1.5 or 2.....there's always an unforseen obstacle.

slingingrass
04-12-2011, 12:50 PM
What is the going price for hourly wage on that kind of labor?
Posted via Mobile Device

KrayzKajun
04-12-2011, 06:36 PM
$1,000,000.00 no body can tell you how much you are supposed to charge. decide what you are comfortable making per hour and go from there

ajslands
04-12-2011, 08:14 PM
What is the going price for hourly wage on that kind of labor?
Posted via Mobile Device

Call another comapmy in that area and ask them or find someone on here. But honestly, all bids or quotes or estimates or what ever you would like to call them are different.
Some comany may have a top of the line hedge clipper and you may just have some pruners. They're some numbers involved.
Mulching and pruning is not landscaping at least in my business.
I'm not going to tell you what I'd charge but luckily the army dood (krazy kajun) did.
Posted via Mobile Device

mike174
04-14-2011, 02:32 AM
$1,000,000.00 no body can tell you how much you are supposed to charge. decide what you are comfortable making per hour and go from there

I see you shopped my customers:laugh: That is my "lowball" price:weightlifter:

VLS Landscaping
04-16-2011, 04:00 AM
I see you shopped my customers:laugh: That is my "lowball" price:weightlifter:

Reading this forum for no more than a few days I have read very many threads. I recognize the big mouths, the successful guys, the small companies, the usual idiot... You name it. I do distinctively recognize the names more over.

You're thinking, "HUH...Your point?"

Well, your comment was great. I enjoy all of your posts!

Keep the green moving and the morale high folks

Salute~

mike174
04-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Reading this forum for no more than a few days I have read very many threads. I recognize the big mouths, the successful guys, the small companies, the usual idiot... You name it. I do distinctively recognize the names more over.

You're thinking, "HUH...Your point?"

Well, your comment was great. I enjoy all of your posts!

Keep the green moving and the morale high folks

Salute~

Thank you for the compliment VLS :waving: I'm all of your previous examples, so I hope it was a compliment :laugh: I'm from NJ so I'm a big mouth, I am a small company, but I am also successful (by my own standards), and if you ask my wife, she'll confirm I'm also an idiot.