PDA

View Full Version : need your thoughts

TLS landscaping
04-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey guys,
So i've finally gone on my own and now just got my first wall job to price on my own.

some specs. 85' long 32" tall ..

I was thinking with the rental of an excavator and labor an blocks.

I was thinking of placing the bid around 7500.

I'm in North Jersey.. and want to know if i'm in the ball park or way off?

scagrider22
04-12-2011, 12:00 AM
You did not give enough info, a picture would help. $33.00 per face foot is pretty cheap in my area but if its an easy dig with easy access you can make a little bit of money.

TLS landscaping
04-12-2011, 08:21 AM
its a pretty easy accessible wall. i'm figuring 2-3 guys about 4 days... one day getting rid of old railroad tie wall and digging stuff out.

pretty flat ground.

Cam.at.Heritage
04-12-2011, 08:42 AM
I agree that it seems a little low, depending on the type of block your using.

Is this the first wall you have built? or have you done other but this is the first on your own?? Did you account proper backfill material? Buried couses?

More info would help

TLS landscaping
04-12-2011, 08:52 AM
I accounted for my time, rental of an excavator for 2 days. no backfill yet. this is the first wall i'm building on my own.
since its only a 32" tall, i was figuring burrying one level. with 6" of 3/4 stone .

what kind of info could i give ya? just not sure what info to help give you guys an idea.
I was thining of using a cambridge phyzique block.

DVS Hardscaper
04-12-2011, 10:35 AM
With all due respect, this same topic has been coming up about twice a week on this forum.

And folks keep responding and responding offering thoughts, like a broken record. (thats a black, flat plastic disk that was used in the 50's 60's and 70's to play music)

There is a schlew of information in this forum about building walls and PRICING walls.

PLEASE DO A SEARCH.

I guarantee you WILL find everything you ever wanted to know and more.

Good luck out there.

shovelracer
04-12-2011, 06:34 PM
What do you intend to do with the old ties? Dumpster or hauling? You can't haul if you don't have the permit to dispose of them, and a dumpster is gonna cost you somewhere in the 500-1000 range depending on what you through in it.