PDA

View Full Version : Contents Of Working Truck

ed2hess
04-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Someone posted a few weeks ago asking why we don't put our weed eaters and blowers in the pickup rather than in the truck bed. Here is my answer. The bed is full of stuff I need to provide full service. By the way I don't come home every nite and wash my truck either.

topsites
04-11-2011, 11:21 PM
It looks a little too organized but it's not bad.

93Chevy
04-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Maybe I'm super OCD but I'd have a hard time working out of that :laugh::laugh:

knox gsl
04-11-2011, 11:24 PM
That would drive me crazy, I would through something out.

T.M. LAWNS
04-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Damit!! looks like a tornado went through there. :laugh::laugh:

lukemelo216
04-11-2011, 11:35 PM
agreed. My truck isnt spick and span on the inside, but I would have a hard time working out of that. We try to keep everything we need to do full service, but its a little more organized i guess. but i totally agree 100% with the whole, not having time to wash every night or every other night. we will wipe out the trucks nightly just to keep it looking nice on the inside, and then try to spray down on saturday or something. Rain days we may vacuum the inside and wash the trucks better.

We follow that ritual becasue we like to present a clean and professional image so having a semi clean work truck is important to us.

Greyst1
04-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Damn bro, looks like you need to be on hoarders.... LOL JK, get that baby organized.

weeze
04-12-2011, 12:32 AM
what's in all of those buckets? i guess at least you are prepared for whatever happens lol

topsites
04-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Those buckets, if I had to guess, are driveway stain.
And yes my truck looks worse.

weeze
04-12-2011, 12:48 AM
stain? well that's not part of lawncare lol. i guess he does more than just lawn care.

TuffWork
04-12-2011, 01:27 AM
My truck looks pretty bad, too. I try and try to eliminate things I don't need, but...

tacoma200
04-12-2011, 01:49 AM
Looks about like mine. I may keep my car super clean but I work out of my truck. Yes many of you are undiagnosed OCD.

IES
04-12-2011, 04:48 AM
Hopefully means too busy and no time to pee let alone clean and organize.
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
04-12-2011, 04:57 AM
I'm afraid that would drive me nuts. It's not the bed that's really that bad, it's the cab.

STIHL GUY
04-12-2011, 10:57 AM
that would drive me crazy. my truck is organized, but its dirty inside and out with clippings dirt dust and other things that get tracked in

TNGrassCutter
04-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Maybe his crew sits on the buckets because there is no room in the cab.
Posted via Mobile Device

ed2hess
04-12-2011, 10:55 PM
what's in all of those buckets? i guess at least you are prepared for whatever happens lol

One bucket has treats for fire ants, another pre-m, another growth controller for bushes, one has grandular fert for flower beds. Another bucket has blades for mowers, grease, oil, filters etc....I do some infield service on other crews stuff. I usually have a couple propane tanks.

In side the truck I keep tools, batter jumper, jump cables, tow cable, dust mask, water, goggles various kinds for dust and no dust. There is a bag of irrigation repair stuff on one side. A lot of spray related stuff in a couple of the containers...weed-b-gone, nut grass, roundup. Another has stuff like hand clippers, small saws, string, tools to turn on water on buildings, trim cord and more.

One day a week we move from North Austin to south and that is about 13 miles so I don't want to have missing stuff. Everything is used or it goes.

Schrock Lawns
04-12-2011, 11:18 PM
nice dude
:hammerhead::hammerhead:

Hell on Blades
04-13-2011, 12:42 AM
A little much for me, but all mine are local.

I always carry two rakes, spade, transfer shovel, push broom, grass shears, strong arm (you remember, the old manual edger), lubricants, manual hedge trimmers, gas hedge trimmers, then the mowing equipment. I also always carry a bag for each mower.

93Chevy
04-13-2011, 07:10 AM
If I had to carry all that, I'd invest in a crew cab utility body truck. I mean, different needs, but I can't stand clutter.

jtsnipe
04-13-2011, 06:53 PM
If I had to carry all that, I'd invest in a crew cab utility body truck. I mean, different needs, but I can't stand clutter.That or an enclosed trailer with some racks and shelf's.

bobcat48
04-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Very nice,good thread:usflag:i like it.

ed2hess
04-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Hit a rotor and knocked off the top. Went into my work truck and got the irrigation bag and shovel to dig it out and screw on a plug until irrigation guy gets to work on it. Can't carry all the different spray heads etc. etc. It was above gnd but if we hit em we fix em.

knox gsl
04-15-2011, 10:36 PM
So I just cleaned out my truck today, worst its ever been looked like yours truck. Weeks worth of empty water bottles, extension cords, saw, grinder, ratchet straps, half bucket of seed, hammers, chisels, masons line, and a bunch of extra long sleeve shirts, that was the passenger seat. The back has all kinds of gardening tools and about a quarter yard of extra mulch.
Posted via Mobile Device

ed2hess
04-16-2011, 11:39 PM
From my working truck I can do maintenance on the crews units in the field once a week. I sometimes do oil changes along with new blades and grease them. Had a planned belt replacement on the old scag 36" unit. That unit is 12 years old and has had heavy heavy use. I believe we are on the third motor.

ed2hess
04-22-2011, 09:06 PM
This is the work truck of a good ole boy Texan what is doing some excavation for a new bank. Notice the breaker bar on the steering wheel. Window all open and the dust has been blowing from the site into his truck all day.

cutbetterthanyou
04-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Your best investment would be a utlity body truck. In mine i have tools, case of 2 stroke mix, extra boots, trimmer string, hedgetrimmers, pole prunners, trimmer, edger, lopers, blower, gas can, back pack sprayer/and a 1 gallon hand held, chemicals, tuberware with coat/sweat shirt/gloves/newbie, small propane grill, tarps, rachet straps/bungee cords, and a electric cooler.Then in the bed a transfer tank,rakes,shovels,mall, pick axe,etc. All that crap in a standard cab f 350, nothing in the cab. I still have a 4x9 bed minus the tank and few tools to still put debis in. To date best investment so far. I just wish it was deisel so it didn't get 9mpg, and 4x4 so i could push snow.

tacoma200
04-22-2011, 11:28 PM
From my working truck I can do maintenance on the crews units in the field once a week. I sometimes do oil changes along with new blades and grease them. Had a planned belt replacement on the old scag 36" unit. That unit is 12 years old and has had heavy heavy use. I believe we are on the third motor.

I'm impressed, that saves a lot of time and money. How is the propane working out for you?

ed2hess
05-13-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm impressed, that saves a lot of time and money. How is the propane working out for you?

It is okay just had to buy more tanks so we didn't have to go in for gas but only once a week. And the prices is holding at $1 below gas so it is a little cheaper. The oil change on the Wright Sentar was a surprice in that it was not black at 100hrs but pretty clear. That big briggs goes through a tank in five hours but we are only in the field 15 hours a week with it.

ed2hess
05-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Here is a typical lawn trailer in Texas....notice that tire guard.

Richard Martin
05-13-2011, 08:18 PM
He has a license plate and presumably, working brake lights. That put him one step ahead of 99% of the LCOs where I live.

knox gsl
05-13-2011, 11:30 PM
I like the 1988 dodge minivan hubcaps.

ed2hess
03-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Okay I will bring this back. I am looking for some way to get stuff in the back of the pickup organized. Anybody have any ideas? I know that there probably very few people that have trucks that is used for the business only. I am thinking about some roll out shelfs that are around 8" deep and slid out when tailgate is lowered.

ShooterK2
03-23-2012, 09:18 PM
You could do what I did and build something like this:

ShooterK2
03-23-2012, 09:23 PM
And yes, my truck is a mess, but it only looked that way for a couple of hours today as I was hauling a bunch of stuff from my storage building back to the house. Still getting things arranged for the start of the season here in Oklahoma.

ed2hess
03-23-2012, 10:59 PM
You could do what I did and build something like this:

That is exactly what I was thinking about. This allows full use on top of these shelves. I like that:)

ShooterK2
03-24-2012, 09:30 AM
I keep all my tools and maintenance equipment in the 2 drawers, which run the length of the bed (I tried to get a mobile oil change business going in the off season, but didn't have much success). The air compressor is bolted to the box from the bottom of the top panel, so someone would have to get the drawer open in order to unbolt it. I have a bolt lock on the tailgate with a padlock on that, so they can't open the tailgate in order to open the drawers.

The camper shell is just for weatherproofing, but this could be done without the shell if you wanted to paint it or something. You just have to make sure water doesn't get in around the lip of the drawers.

It still leaves plenty of room to haul stuff on top of the box, and the drawers can be customized any way you want (I build compartments of certain sizes to fit certain things). It works really well for work, and will serve double this season when we want to go camping.

ed2hess
05-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Well l have added one more thing to my working truck contents and that is the water barrel. I use water for spraying and fertilizing flowers. I had about 3 2.5gallon plastic jugs and I was filling them about three times a week. This is a real time saver for me.

Glenn Lawn Care
05-20-2012, 06:01 PM
I would have a hard time working out of that also.