PDA

View Full Version : Severe grub problem

lawnkid
09-29-2002, 07:38 PM
Is it too late in the year to take care of grub. My neighbor's yard in which I service has a big grub problem. There are skunks every morning there digging for the grubs. I wish I had a camera to show you what i'm dealing with. Anyway, it's starting to pop up on my lawn now too and it's very minimal and my lawn is beautiful and I don't want it to spread. Can I just apply some Scott's Grub control for now cause I don't know what to do cause this is the first year it's been this bad. I took a look at it today and in about a 5' by 5' section where the skunks had dug in my neighbor's yard, I found 6 grubs crawling around. What should I do? Any suggestions on how to get rid of these grubs would be great.

Turfdude
09-29-2002, 07:48 PM
Try an application of Dylox. You may have to repeat - but check the label as to how soon - or ask Tremor!!

Bob

tremor
09-30-2002, 06:33 PM
Turfdude hit it. Scotts Grubex is now Halenozide or Mach2. That is a good preventive material & even does a fair job on 1st instart grubs. But at this late daye, Dylox is the only way. Stick with the label rate. Water it in. They'll be dying in hours. Animal digging of the dead grubs will continue for at least a week. A good animal repellent will stop that in less time if the that's unacceptable.

Steve