PDA

View Full Version : design Software program

TPC Services
04-12-2011, 10:54 AM
I know there has been talk on which one to buy but have not heard much response on this company's software. What are your guys thoughts on it, is it a piece of crap or is it alright.

Idea Spectrum Realtime Landscpaing Architect 2011.

They have a free trial version was wondering if it's worth downloading to see if it's something to buy. does their layouts look like childs play when finish or some what nice and professional? I know a lot of you talk about the Pro-landscape software but it's just a tad pricey for right now with the amount of requests I get for work.

Thanks for the info.

TPC Services
04-13-2011, 07:01 PM
thanks for your insite guys, I know now why I don't come in her every much!!

PaperCutter
04-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Jeez, bud, chill. You didn't get feedback within 24 hours on a piece of software that not a lot of people use and you're getting all crankypants?

You were asking if it was worth downloading the free trial version... it's free. Kinda hard to lose out on that one. I've never tried it because I'm happy with what I use (AutoCAD), but I've checked out the website. Seems reasonably robust for the price point.

Dirt Boy
04-14-2011, 09:58 PM
I use this software.
Not sure how to compare it to others, because I don't have any experience with "others".
I will give you my opinion. It's OK for starters, and I think it can do more than I have learned.
It is not easy, IMO, to input distances, in the what I would call "free form" input, you kind of have to play with it to get it to "look right".
There are not a lot of items in the library IMO, they can be added, but that is time consuming.
Try it, it's free!