PDA

View Full Version : So have you been lowballed

Wright48
04-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Today i went out for a family friend and did a clean up as part of my schedule i made it my first stop to get it over with. the property was about 4000 sq. feet of turf some beds ect. the clean up i looked at it and should have charged about 150-175 because of how much debris was there.Shes is a friend and also a well established realator in town so did it for 125 and she agreed did the clean up everything went fine. She called me up to bid another house. This was a massive clean up alot of brush clearing bed edging spot seeding headge sheering ect. the place was left alone for years ,you name it it had it. I bid it at 785.00 and that was being very resonable she called me back saying someone has bit it for 675.00. I said i couldnt do it , she told me who it was and even she couldnt understand how they could do it for that price. She knows alot about gardening and how much everything costs.She called back saying that she couldnt understand the man on the phone and she was going to go with me because im a local company who i know plus i can speak english so im happy but WTF how can you make money on a job that i bid on my botton line and they go over a hundred less then me. Plus gas is a burden too idk i dont get it. ugh i freakin hate these low ballers Im calling Immagration next time haha.

mike174
04-14-2011, 03:53 AM
Today i went out for a family friend and did a clean up as part of my schedule i made it my first stop to get it over with. the property was about 4000 sq. feet of turf some beds ect. the clean up i looked at it and should have charged about 150-175 because of how much debris was there.Shes is a friend and also a well established realator in town so did it for 125 and she agreed did the clean up everything went fine. She called me up to bid another house. This was a massive clean up alot of brush clearing bed edging spot seeding headge sheering ect. the place was left alone for years ,you name it it had it. I bid it at 785.00 and that was being very resonable she called me back saying someone has bit it for 675.00. I said i couldnt do it , she told me who it was and even she couldnt understand how they could do it for that price. She knows alot about gardening and how much everything costs.She called back saying that she couldnt understand the man on the phone and she was going to go with me because im a local company who i know plus i can speak english so im happy but WTF how can you make money on a job that i bid on my botton line and they go over a hundred less then me. Plus gas is a burden too idk i dont get it. ugh i freakin hate these low ballers Im calling Immagration next time haha.

Train an illegal and he will steal your business in the future. No insurance and taxes allows anyone to "lowball" you. Do you really think these guys working for $9/hr are going to be with you for 10yrs? They have an agenda and I see it every day. We are slowly training the next generation of landscapers. The only thing going for us right now is a language barrier. I hear it every day from prospects. Once they are fluent in English, kiss your business goodbye. Not being prejudiced, just telling you what I hear EVERY day.