PDA

View Full Version : Mobile home park

yamadooski
04-13-2011, 07:45 AM
I bidding on a mobile home park the lots are tiny. I have an idea how much to charge for the common areas.
But I dont know the going rate to charge for each individual unit.
There are only 23 units and we only have to mow and blow. No weeding, bushes ect.
I have an idea what I want to charge but I feel it might be a little high.
Any opinions?

zopi
04-13-2011, 08:44 AM
For tiny lots like that..if you can get a bunch in one place you can rack up some bucks...I would say 15 or 20 at first glance without seeing the place..if you are already doing the commons..a quick trip into a yard is nothing...best money I made as a kid was a trailer park...25 yards walking at ten bucks a pop...not bad money for a twelve year old.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
04-13-2011, 09:31 PM
I bidding on a mobile home park the lots are tiny. I have an idea how much to charge for the common areas.
But I dont know the going rate to charge for each individual unit.
There are only 23 units and we only have to mow and blow. No weeding, bushes ect.
I have an idea what I want to charge but I feel it might be a little high.
Any opinions?

Not sure about the location you are talking about...but the one that is closet to me, the price they were willing to pay is crazy low. It is nice though because the trimming and edging are not done, so a couple of them pay me $40 to come every other week and edge and trim. In and out within a few minutes.

I got a feeling that more than likely you will not like the price that wins the bid.

Good luck though.

jsslawncare
04-13-2011, 10:25 PM
I have one and I charge $20 per trailer. Easy money.

unkownfl
04-13-2011, 11:28 PM
I had a few parks and I was getting around $6-$8 per lot. We could easily do 8-10 an hour. Only problem I had was it seemed every time I went I spent at least an hour talking to residents. This was two years ago so prices may be even lower now. (We as in a helper and I)

yamadooski
04-14-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey thanks for all the replies.....I think will go with a montly price of $50. per unit. I already know what Im going to charge for the common areas.

Oh the kicker here is that its a nudist trailer park...:laugh:

Ric
04-15-2011, 05:11 AM
Hey thanks for all the replies.....I think will go with a montly price of $50. per unit. I already know what Im going to charge for the common areas.

Oh the kicker here is that its a nudist trailer park...:laugh:

yamadooski

I could be wrong but maybe $ 50 a year per unit might be more in the ball park of what a trailer park might be willing to pay. I have never mowed a trailer park but I did bid on one. Cut all the corners etc My low ball bid was 2 times higher than the winning bid.

I am not saying there isn't money to be made in that type of work. In fact I think that is not a bad market if you have the right Business mind set. I am not sure I have that, but I see others doing well in that market.

As for the 60 & 70 year old running around Naked. Charge a Gross Out fee.