PDA

View Full Version : Radio Promotion/Advertising

HISnHERS
04-13-2011, 04:08 PM
I've recently become involved with a radio media broadcast company which has made me curious, has anyone utilized radio spots in their advertising?

If so, what are your thoughts?

White Gardens
04-13-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm interested in hearing results too. I'm contemplating doing some radio advertising as I have a radio sales rep in my BNI group, and we've talked about it some.

Just like with any advertising in the green industry, it seems hard to get a good return out of anything. I just want to make sure my advertising dollars are going to a good place.

jc1
04-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Waste of money. We ran 20 spots per day for 2 months. Not One Call. May be good for a restaurant or bar but not landscaping or lawn maintenance.

Daily Lawn/Landscape
04-15-2011, 05:46 PM
I started running radio commercials the last week in Feb. It ran for 3 weeks, took a 2 week break and ran for another 2 weeks. To date I have received 57 calls from the radio commercial. Those 5 weeks have secured $37k in new landscape work and 2 full service customers that will generate at minimum of $8k per year. And several lawn maintenance accounts. To date I have spent $1100.00 for radio advertising and will continue to advertise until November.
IMO well worth the money!

James

THEGOLDPRO
04-15-2011, 05:49 PM
I started running radio commercials the last week in Feb. It ran for 3 weeks, took a 2 week break and ran for another 2 weeks. To date I have received 57 calls from the radio commercial. Those 5 weeks have secured $37k in new landscape work and 2 full service customers that will generate at minimum of $8k per year. And several lawn maintenance accounts. To date I have spent $1100.00 for radio advertising and will continue to advertise until November.
IMO well worth the money!

James

thats pretty good return, was the ad on a populer station or some random radio station?

Daily Lawn/Landscape
04-19-2011, 01:33 AM
THEGOLDPRO,
To answer your question, Yes, the majority of the commercials were run on one of the radio stations that you would most likely hear at work or mom and pop businesses.I'm really pleased so far with the response I have gotten.

James

meets1
04-19-2011, 05:27 PM
I have ran radio only to find alot of calls but no real business. It is also expensive. I am established so I run a few paper ad's spring, mid summer and fall, only two week periods. I run radio during sporting events that the radio anounces two high school teams playing X sport, maybe sponcer a certain state game, or the weather is being brought to by XLM CORP.

Thing is keeping your name out there through different venues of advertising all while saving your budget dollars.