PDA

View Full Version : Price check...

bigslick7878
04-15-2011, 05:11 AM
275 sq feet of pavers
50 sq feet of which will be layed over existing concrete slab.
Little enclosed wall area for trash, about 4 feet high x 8 feet long with caps.

Other 225 feet will be layed where existing poured concrete slabs are. (1 walkway and 2 walk outs from entrances)

Removal and disposal of said concrete is included in the price. (6 inch thick slabs)

I am coming in around 6k, about 80 hours of labor altogether. Paver price is around $4.00 sq ft.

High? Low? I am in the Northeast so take that into consideration, stuff is pretty expensive around here.

There are more jobs from this client so this estimate is crucial I want/need the business.

SVA_Concrete
04-15-2011, 05:48 PM
can we get a CSM for a Price check?? aisle 4

do you know if there is any reinforcement in the slab?

bigslick7878
04-15-2011, 08:29 PM
do you know if there is any reinforcement in the slab?

No clue if there is or not. These were built with the house originally 40 years ago. No way to tell really, not like the people who are in there now were living there when they built the house or it is stuff they put in. The 2 walkout areas are also connected to the foundation so I will have to deal with that too.

I can price most of it easy, the concrete part is what I am worried about.

I have read estimates of 8-10 sq feet and hour for removal, but I have never done it before. I will have an air hammer to use.

SVA_Concrete
04-15-2011, 10:37 PM
No clue if there is or not. These were built with the house originally 40 years ago. No way to tell really, not like the people who are in there now were living there when they built the house or it is stuff they put in. The 2 walkout areas are also connected to the foundation so I will have to deal with that too.

I can price most of it easy, the concrete part is what I am worried about.

I have read estimates of 8-10 sq feet and hour for removal, but I have never done it before. I will have an air hammer to use.

you could core drill it and have a pretty good shot at hitting reinforcement if it is in the slab.

i can jack out 200 ft in an hr with no reinforcement (pneumatic hammer) and no bordering masonry

on the other hand, a slab with wire and bordering concrete we made time of 80 sq foot an hr with a hydro breaker on an excavator.

All that being said, if you figured 8 to 10 foot an hr with an air hammer you should be safe.

jonesy5149
04-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Lost!!!!! you have 80hrs in it for labor is that one person or two or three.......... what is you rate prhr.Is that 4.00 a sf including the brick stop and RG+ sand... Also what is the dig out going to be? what would you be putting back in??The sf is low but the labor is hight so you need to make sure you cover all your cost.
i would think if you need 80hrs (40 per man) that would be about 4k just in labor
Fist pump im out

bigslick7878
04-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Lost!!!!! you have 80hrs in it for labor is that one person or two or three.....

A labor hour is a labor hour, doesn't matter if it is 2, 3, or 15 people working.

..... what is you rate prhr.

45 an hour. I know it's low but in this economy when work is hard to come by I need the money and I will still be making a decent bit at that rate. And I want to know what YOU would charge so I can compare.

Is that 4.00 a sf including the brick stop and RG+ sand...

Just the pavers. I don't know how it would be possible to acquire the pavers and all the base material for $4 unless you stole it.

Also what is the dig out going to be? what would you be putting back in??

The dig out is minor, if I am taking out only 6 inches deep I probably need to go down another few inches for the right depth for base material etc.

The sf is low but the labor is high so you need to make sure you cover all your cost.

That's why I am trying to get some opinions.

I would think if you need 80hrs (40 per man) that would be about 4k just in labor

My labor came out to around 3600, materials 2800.

bigslick7878
04-16-2011, 02:01 PM
you could core drill it and have a pretty good shot at hitting reinforcement if it is in the slab.

i can jack out 200 ft in an hr with no reinforcement (pneumatic hammer) and no bordering masonry

on the other hand, a slab with wire and bordering concrete we made time of 80 sq foot an hr with a hydro breaker on an excavator.

All that being said, if you figured 8 to 10 foot an hr with an air hammer you should be safe.

I think what I might do is tell the customer there will be one price if there is reinforcement and another if it has none. I am not going to take the chance of drilling and not hitting anything, and then there being something inside afetr I gave him one price.

How much more of a pain are we talking about if it is reinforced? From what I recall the wire is fairly thin (like a clothes hanger, maybe a little thicker) and you can snip it correct?

SVA_Concrete
04-16-2011, 09:15 PM
The difficulty is not cutting the wire. the embedded wire gives the concrete tensil strength. It slows down the whole breaking process

We can purchase base material fabric and pavers for 3 bucks a foot all day
Posted via Mobile Device

LawnsRUsInc.
04-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Me personally i wouldnt lay over a existing concrete slab if its going to flow with the rest of the patio.