PDA

View Full Version : Paver School Video?

mirrorlandscapes
04-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Has anyone seen the installation video put out by the School for Advanced Segmental Pavers? i.e. paverschool.com

Is it a general introductory tutorial or does it get in depth?

Thanks.

ReddensLawnCare
12-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Did you end up getting it, or anyone for that matter?

mirrorlandscapes
12-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Yup I did! And it was very well done. Worth the $100.00...probably not, but still good.

ReddensLawnCare
12-21-2011, 11:20 PM
wanna sell it for what its worth? So did you learn a lot from it. I have done very minor paver installs, but I want to know what all I am doing wrong, or right.

DVS Hardscaper
12-22-2011, 08:24 AM
If u wanna know what you're doing wrong then post pics here and you won't have any problem finding out what you're doing wrong :)
Posted via Mobile Device

mirrorlandscapes
12-22-2011, 11:11 AM
wanna sell it for what its worth? So did you learn a lot from it. I have done very minor paver installs, but I want to know what all I am doing wrong, or right.

I would if I wasn't going to use it again for future employees, but it is a good training guide. Sorry :( I got the DVD/Installation Maual together. Both are good. They offer a 3 day hands on class too, but couldn't justify the $1400 for that lol.

There are a few so-so how to videos on youtube you could check out.

ReddensLawnCare
12-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I understand not spending the 1400, by the time I fly up there and get a room, it would be way to much. So when you purchased the video series, did you have an understanding of the concepts before hand? How much would you say it helped you?

And DVS, I am sure you would love to critique me on here. Maybe when I figure out how to post pics and stuff, I will post some.

mirrorlandscapes
12-22-2011, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=ReddensLawnCare;4252389]Yeah, I understand not spending the 1400, by the time I fly up there and get a room, it would be way to much. So when you purchased the video series, did you have an understanding of the concepts before hand? How much would you say it helped you?

I don't remember if they provide a room in that cost, I know meals were included.

I had a fairly good understanding of all the concepts of laying a patio (they have one on retaining walls too, but I'm very comfortable with those and the engineering behind them, soil types, hydrostatic pressure, etc.), but was hoping I'd learn some tricks or even general practices to make my job easier.

I did learn a few ideas on cutting pavers and layout design and figuring. Preparing the base course, screeding, and layout I didn't learn much. If you're feeling new, unfamiliear or uncomfortable with a paver project, this would be invaluable. They do a great job of presenting a sample project and go into a good amount of detail on the practical how to's. Starting from initial estimate and surveying, to plot points and layout, excavation, material ordering sequence and logistics, base prep, screeding, laying pavers, cutting, and sanding.

Again if it were me and I was not very familiar at all with patios I would consider it a wise investment. If you've got the concepts down, $100.00 for some tips and tricks (and seeing all their cool specialty tools) was kinda steep.

Hope this helps!

JoeyDipetro
12-23-2011, 12:23 AM
I've never seen it. Anybody have a link?

mirrorlandscapes
12-23-2011, 12:33 AM
I've never seen it. Anybody have a link?

http://www.paverschool.com/training_video.htm

DVS Hardscaper
12-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Video.

Great. Just Great.

I can see the sales pitch now:

"Just watch this video and after watching it you'll officially join the ranks of well known professional hardscape contractors like Jimmy Lewis, Matthew Rusk-A-Roni, Ga'rod Hynson and world renowned contractor Andrew Hardscape(aka DVS). This video comes complete with a certification of completion and a free jobsite estimating clipboard......."

zedosix
12-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Video.

Great. Just Great.

I can see the sales pitch now:

"Just watch this video and after watching it you'll officially join the ranks of well known professional hardscape contractors like Jimmy Lewis, Matthew Rusk-A-Roni, Ga'rod Hynson and world renowned contractor Andrew Hardscape(aka DVS). This video comes complete with a certification of completion and a free jobsite estimating clipboard......."

Cool, where can I get one?