PDA

View Full Version : Guess who came to visit?

JDSKIDSTEER
04-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Guess who came to visit. And while he was here we checked out the new Kubota cab units down the road.

bobcat_ron
04-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Hey he looks like John Wayne, and guessing from the last pic, he can't see the corners of the bucket either pilgrims.

Heavyduty1
04-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Is that the infamous Gravel Rat?:hammerhead:

hvy 1ton
04-15-2011, 09:12 PM
KSSS, not that ever met him, but i remember something about him being down that way around now. And getting pics of a case guy in deere will be great for the marketing department.

JDSKIDSTEER
04-15-2011, 09:16 PM
KSSS, not that ever met him, but i remember something about him being down that way around now. And getting pics of a case guy in deere will be great for the marketing department.

You win......and Ron, yes...you will have a strained neck at the end of the day running this unit.

JDSKIDSTEER
04-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Did you see how happy he was in the Deere and how sad he was in the Kubota....Maybe because I was buying supper?

JDSKIDSTEER
04-15-2011, 09:39 PM
The funny thing is he was staying in a hotel right around the corner from the dealership all week.

JDSKIDSTEER
04-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Is that the infamous Gravel Rat?:hammerhead:

We will not allow him in the great state of Alabama.

stuvecorp
04-15-2011, 11:05 PM
I don't know, he was getting out...maybe that's why he was smiling? :)

dozerman21
04-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Does that Kubota dealer also sell Takeuchi?

JDSKIDSTEER
04-16-2011, 06:22 AM
Does that Kubota dealer also sell Takeuchi?Yes and a New Holland dealer, but they only have one on their yard, and have 3 Kubota's and no New Hollands. There is also one of the major rental companies and a Case dealer selling Takeuchi's. I am wondering if they may ready to tell Takeuchi where to stick it. They have not been keeping many on the yard.

JDSKIDSTEER
04-16-2011, 06:23 AM

Ha Ha maybe.

YellowDogSVC
04-16-2011, 10:32 AM

While the new Deere looks pretty sweet, I hope the CASE guys didn't ask him to leave something on the seat for you to clean up!!:laugh:

YellowDogSVC
04-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Guess who came to visit. And while he was here we checked out the new Kubota cab units down the road.

that cab is huge!

Digdeep
04-16-2011, 10:37 AM
I think Deere really made a big step (no pun intended) when they redesigned the ingress/egress of the cab opening. it was extremely difficult to get in and out on previous machines and now it is so much easier. Not sure I'm sold on the metal cab and molded tub though. I don't think it will continue to allow for a good door seal after the machine gets some hours on it. Time will tell.

How'd Shane like that 3.5t Airman...I mean Hitachi....I mean Deere excavator. Airman makes a nice machine.

Looks like you guys have had some rain.

JDSKIDSTEER
04-16-2011, 01:06 PM
I think Deere really made a big step (no pun intended) when they redesigned the ingress/egress of the cab opening. it was extremely difficult to get in and out on previous machines and now it is so much easier. Not sure I'm sold on the metal cab and molded tub though. I don't think it will continue to allow for a good door seal after the machine gets some hours on it. Time will tell.

How'd Shane like that 3.5t Airman...I mean Hitachi....I mean Deere excavator. Airman makes a nice machine.

Looks like you guys have had some rain.

I rained all day. I will let him comment on his likes and dislikes. He should be home by now.

ksss
04-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Well I am home from 'bama. Weather was great until Friday. Doug picked me up on Friday and went down the road to his dealership and gave me a tour. I ran a 333D and the 35D. The 333D was nice, controls were well done, I did not spend a lot of time it but it was much better than the older series machines. We then went and knocked down some ribs (thats like a mandatory Southern thing, they were great) and then we checked out the competetion. Had a great time. Its easy to see why he is so successful selling equipment. Thanks again for the hospitality Doug.

YellowDogSVC
04-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Well I am home from 'bama. Weather was great until Friday. Doug picked me up on Friday and went down the road to his dealership and gave me a tour. I ran a 333D and the 35D. The 333D was nice, controls were well done, I did not spend a lot of time it but it was much better than the older series machines. We then went and knocked down some ribs (thats like a mandatory Southern thing, they were great) and then we checked out the competetion. Had a great time. Its easy to see why he is so successful selling equipment. Thanks again for the hospitality Doug.

He does have great service!... :)

cutbetterthanyou
04-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Yes and a New Holland dealer, but they only have one on their yard, and have 3 Kubota's and no New Hollands. There is also one of the major rental companies and a Case dealer selling Takeuchi's. I am wondering if they may ready to tell Takeuchi where to stick it. They have not been keeping many on the yard.

Just curious what's wrong with takeuchis ? I am just wondering cuz i've only here good things. And so i just bought one about 6 months ago.

JDSKIDSTEER
04-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Just curious what's wrong with takeuchis ? I am just wondering cuz i've only here good things. And so i just bought one about 6 months ago.

Nothing. They are the dealer and Tak is letting two other companies in town sell them. If I were them I would push the Kubotas and then cut Takeuchi out....They have New Holland also. They will reload with New Hollands as soon as they start cranking the new models out a little faster.