PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump/measuring device for pickup

DirtMerchant
04-16-2011, 04:22 PM
So as well as the new machine I'm looking at new pickups. Pretty sold on the F150 with a 3.5 Eco boost. I won't really be towing more then a 216 cat, a couple times a month anything bigger is behind a dumptruck/lowbed...and I like it better then the dodges/chevy offerings. So I'm wondering what you guys use in your tidy tanks for pumps and what you use to measure the fuel going into each machine. I'm looking to get a better handle on what each machine is costing me per day, for the amount of work it is doing, etc etc.

bobcat_ron
04-16-2011, 04:35 PM
My Dad bought a digital flow meter from Assured Automation, goes inline on the hose with a button for reset and 2 fill up modes, 2 versions, gravity and pressure, it's very accurate.

http://assuredautomation.com/fuel/index.php

And I would love a F150 EcoBoost, but Jeep Wranglers are sexier.

DirtMerchant
04-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Where did he get it from. That site?

And this truck will be a pavement princess.

bobcat_ron
04-16-2011, 07:49 PM
He got it from Wakefeild Sperling auto parts here in Abby. But make sure it's either the gravity or pressure model, big price difference.
Posted via Mobile Device

DirtMerchant
04-16-2011, 08:06 PM
So gravity or pressure are the same price? I was assuming i'd want pressure

bobcat_ron
04-16-2011, 10:25 PM
So gravity or pressure are the same price? I was assuming i'd want pressure

I heard it was a 20 dollar difference.

Jelinek61
04-18-2011, 06:51 PM
I think the Fill-rite pumps are the best for the money. You can get a meter that attaches to the pump directly or do what Ron is talking about.
http://www.fill-ritepumps.com/

bobcat_ron
04-18-2011, 07:47 PM
I had a fill-rite on my tank, the bloody counter doesn't work anymore and some crap shot out of the nozzle when it failed and my Bobcat ended up with some crap in the tank.

Jelinek61
04-20-2011, 08:14 PM
I had a fill-rite on my tank, the bloody counter doesn't work anymore and some crap shot out of the nozzle when it failed and my Bobcat ended up with some crap in the tank.

Dang, first time i've heard of that. They should have a screen built into the nozzle to stop anything like that from happening if the pump does take a crap. We've never had any problems with ours.